Senior Product Director at FIS
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team
The Global Banking & Payments Product Management Team is responsible for the international products broadly across the organization which includes Cards & Money Movement, Commercial, Consumer, Wealth and Retirement and includes Bill Pay, Real Time Payments, ACH, Clear2Pay, P2P Disbursements, Fraud Mitigation and MTL's. Digital Payments is the cornerstone offering of a pay anything, pay anyone and pay anywhere in the world real time solution with real time fraud mitigation for our clients. Our goal is to drive solutions that reflect how our clients want to drive adoption of “modules” with a speed to market that matches our daily life expectations. Retail Digital Payments provides money movement and fraud mitigation services allowing Financial Institutions and Credit Unions of all sizes to securely offer industry leading real time, same day and standard payments for their entire eco-system. Our innovative products offerings allow each client to move with and ahead of the industry.
What you will be doing
- Manages the global product plan by ensuring changes in market and business priorities including integration needs and technology advancements are reflected.
- Regularly presents status updates (e.g. monthly, quarterly and annual stakeholder meetings).
- Demonstrates leadership by establishing and articulating a clear vision of success and how goals and objectives will be achieved.
- Prepares and presents product plan strategies, KPI’s and timelines.
- Identifies risks and challenges, opportunities and growth strategies, business integration needs and retirement plans.
- Prepares and presents product roadmap reviews as well as providing product’s general strategic direction.
- Manages project inventory during budget planning process, interlocks on all companion activity and prioritizes as necessary to execute against plan throughout the year.
- Determines release dates.
- Monitors and understands product’s profit and loss statement. May be responsible for revenue and profitability of assigned products.
- Provides content for product roadmaps, ensures timely delivery and provides business reasons for any changes/revisions made to roadmaps.
- Product development and product management experience utilizing an Agile Methodology.
- Engages and interacts with clients during feedback sessions, focus groups, user groups and requirements gathering sessions. Practices open and honest communications with clients.
- Acts as product launch manager when appropriate for new products or rollouts of major releases.
Collaborates with senior management to provide content for market messages, sales collateral and as needed RFPs (request for proposal).
- Assists with the new global line of business Customer Advisory Council (CAC).
- Completes business scope documents and defines and documents user personas for individual products.
- Manages vendor relationships key to product delivery.
- Collaborates with vendor support managers for oversight and maintenance of all secondary and support vendor relationships.
- Interacts with key suppliers and partners.
- Coordinates and facilitates pilot activities acting as primary contact with client, securing pilot agreement and monitoring progress.
- Determines success criteria and recommends “go / no go” decision.
Acts as escalation point for client issues that require product change resolution (does not include standard problem escalation process.
- Determines and approves all service level agreements (SLAs) related to products and includes with business scope documents.
- Works closely with development teams to review enhancement requests for strategic value and align resources to high priority project.
- Presents product information and industry thought leadership to external audiences in webinars and client conferences.
- Provides presentations to clients during business reviews, prospect briefings and internal group meetings.
- Represents the company at all industry/trade events including speaking engagements at these events.
- May require 50% travel.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. MBA a plus.
- Experience in SaaS/PaaS including strong knowledge of FIS products.
- Requires general business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision and executive presence.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products.
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner.
- Client relationship management skills, understanding and focusing on clients’ needs, establishing credibility and building positive, professional, relationships with clients.
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally.
- Requires strong time management skills, attention to detail and must be resourceful.
- Analytical, problem solving skills, project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks.
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability.
What we offer you
- A fast paced working environment that provides opportunities to solve some of the biggest challenges facing the financial industry.
- A competitive salary with excellent bonus potential.
- Time to support charities and give back in your community.
- A flexible working environment built on collaboration and respect.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.