Product Training Specialist at Granicus
Product Training Specialist
If you have a deep interest in software and its ability to impact global democracy, citizen engagement, and increased government transparency, we are interested in talking to you.
As the leader in government technology, we've chosen to create a home in the heart of downtown Denver and we're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join the team.
The Product Training Specialist plays a key role in the Professional Services Department and Product Training Team by working with a group of national clients to understand and design their workflow, prepare implementation & training plans, and provide new and ongoing administration and user training from kick off to go-live of projects.
We have a casual, open office environment within walking distance of the Light Rail, and we're seeking individuals who can work collaboratively to design, build, test, sell, deploy and support our software. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Participates in and conducts classroom, online and one-on-one trainings
- Works with Business Analyst to understand client workflow on legislative process
- Works with the Deployment Project Manager and Client Project Lead to set training milestones and implementation plans
- Leads Client's Project Team through software training, follow-up support, and roll out
- Identifies and troubleshoots training environment challenges and escalates as appropriate
- Provides additional consulting, training and onsite services as need arises
- Ensures training deadlines are met and produces on-time project deliverables
- Proactively improves and designs training resources and collateral for clients and internal peers
- Presents a professional appearance and possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills.
Education and Experience
- BA / BS or equivalent (preferred)
- 2-4 years experience facilitating user training in a technical software environment.
- Experience with software training, customer service, and account management
- Experience with Adult Learning Principals
- Advanced Training Certification preferred, not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Passion for government transparency and support of our mission: "changing the way citizens interact with government."
- Be able to travel between 50-75% of the time
- Proven pattern of success in school, work and/or extra curricular activities
- Basic understanding of technology and the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including appropriate phone and email etiquette
- Clear sense of integrity, work ethic and a sincere interest in building strong relationships based upon competency and trust
- Strong organizational skills: the ability to juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Computer Literacy: Outlook, Word, Excel and web browsing
- SalesForce.com or other CRM experience is a plus
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
Currently, Granicus manages the world's largest and most reliable legislative content network-containing more than 5 million government media files and public records and maintaining a 99.98% uptime track-record. We also have 20,000+ government users currently leveraging our technology to successfully run their day-to-day government information tasks including webcasting public meetings, managing and delivering legislative information, collaborating with citizens, and more.
*starting rate may vary by experience and/or location