Product Owner, Value Added Services at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The candidate will join the Product team within FIS Merchant Solutions responsible for a suite of Value-added Services that deliver a range of benefits to global merchants. These include bolstering top-line revenue, reducing cost, and enhanced insight into merchants’ end customers.
What you will be doing:
Our vision is to provide the most relevant, reliable, and straight-forward global payments experience, helping customers access more consumers and driving profitable growth. You will be central to this vision.
As a Product Owner, you will be an internal and external champion driving the creation, development, and management of products that provide top and bottom line benefits to many of the largest eCommerce merchants in the world. You’ll be part of an Agile product development team and expected to perform many or all of the following duties.
- Provide the internal voice of the customer for the team and work with Product Owners, Product Managers, Commercial teams, and Customers to constantly understand and communicate their needs and participate in the validation of the delivered Features
- Build and maintaining the feature backlog for a team (or teams) in partnership with Product, Engineering, and other stakeholders
- Work closely with Product Management in program backlog refinement and prep for PI planning
- Reviews and re-prioritizes the backlog as part of the prep work for Iteration Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners.
- Deliver (individually and across sub team) high-quality and timely functional and non-functional business requirements
- Interpret external requirements into user stories and detail that can be well understood by the development team and validated with acceptance criteria and acceptance tests
- Collaborate with Engineering/Operations to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the critical non-functional requirements (NFRs) as well as technical debt user stories
- Serve an essential role in the team demo, reviewing and accepting stories.
- Contribute to Iteration Retrospectives, where the teams gather to self-assess and benchmark among other Agile Release Train’s (ART’s)
- Coordinates dependencies with other Product Owners
- Coach Agile team in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
What you bring:
- You will have 5+ Years as a Product Owner
- You will have Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment working with agile development teams
- You will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of financial services industry / FIS (or similar Fintech) products and services
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience preferred
- Strong negotiation, organization, management, analytical and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.