Want to be part of a team that's helping summer camp operators achieve their goals? CampMinder works with over 800 of the industry’s leading camps, throughout the United States and beyond to provide beautiful, secure, comprehensive web-based solutions. And we’re looking for a business-minded Product Manager to join our team.
As a full-cycle Product Manager at CampMinder, you’ll manage the entire product development lifecycle, from discovery, analysis, design, and development, to marketing and communication. This is natural for you because you have that special sauce and bring unique skills to the table, which could include: a technical skill set (perhaps as a former Software Engineer), design experience, or a background as an entrepreneur.
Additionally, you’re passionate about delivering intelligent and meaningful solutions that create value for summer camps and you have a high degree of self-awareness and emotional intelligence. You enjoy working closely with others in service of common and ambitious goals and can set aside your ego, communicating with the candor, vulnerability, and kindness that aligns with our core values. Finally, you bring a flexibility and adaptability to your work that allows you to thrive in a fast-paced environment and respond to quickly evolving needs.
What You’ll Do In This Role:
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with Engineering to deliver meaningful, intelligent, and profitable solutions
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop messaging that communicates the full value of the product
- Drive product launches by working cross-departmentally to align stakeholders
What We’re Looking For:
- An innate commitment to CampMinder’s core values of Put Team First, Be Admirable, Own It, Find A Better Way, Give Joy, and Wonder
- 4-5 years of experience in a product management or related roles, ideally within a B2B SaaS environment
- A proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle, including through multiple iterations
- A solid understanding of both web and mobile technologies and experience with native mobile apps (IOS and Android)
- Several years of experience with agile software development practices including playing the role of Product Owner – experience with Scale Agile Framework (SAFe) is a plus
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a resourceful, “figure-it-out” approach
- Experience with or a willingness to embrace the constraints inherent to a legacy platform: technical and design debt
- An ownership mindset and strong sense of personal accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts and present compelling insights and narratives to internal and external stakeholders
Since 2001, CampMinder has been creating fast, intuitive, web-based systems to streamline summer camp business operations. The company works with over 800 of the industry’s leading camps, throughout the United States and beyond. Based in Boulder, CO, CampMinder cultivates a core values-led culture and is driven by its purpose to “elevate people through unforgettable experiences.” In 2017, CampMinder was recognized as one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work in America. Learn more by visiting www.campminder.com.