Product Analytics Manager at Angi (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team:
The Product Analytics team partners closely with the product and engineering teams to develop and test consumer and service provider experiences on our site and app. Our business is a two-sided marketplace of homeowners and service professionals, which makes our jobs complex and data rich. We work daily with the engineering and product leadership teams to develop, execute, monitor, and refine initiatives that drive tangible value to homeowners, service professionals, and Angi. Due to the multifaceted nature of the business, our team provides an excellent environment to grow your business acumen, technical knowhow and quantitative skills.
About the role:
The Product Analyst Manager will partner with Product and Engineering teams with the goal of delivering a best-in-class experience to our consumers and service providers.You need to be experienced in managing stakeholder expectations, leading a team of analysts, onboarding new team members, collaborating on team OKRs and ultimately, driving the team’s success.
You and your team will be supporting key initiatives by designing and measuring the impact of experiments, as well as partnering with product, engineering, and business leaders to identify and size new product opportunities. This product group depends on a collection of several large-scale data sources to inform the strategy for the business.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of analysts supporting a product vertical (~10 product teams).
- Represent and champion your team with stakeholders across product, business, design, engineering.
- Utilize data to identify opportunities for growth, retention, and areas of friction within the product. Champion these opportunities and constantly push to improve.
- Interpret and communicate product health, experiment results, opportunities, etc. to product/business teams.
- Influence and inform product/business teams through presentation of data-based recommendations.
- Bring a deep understanding of product testing and statistical analysis with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Develop a best in class analytics team through 1on1s, quarterly reviews and creating team OKRs
- Synthesize large data sets into digestible information.
- Partner with engineering to define logging requirements for net-new datasets.
- Continue to develop your technical skills – particularly optimizing and automating our testing strategy.
- Constantly strive to improve processes for our team to become more efficient - don’t just accept the status quo.
What qualities are we looking for?
- 2+ years managing a team of analysts
- 7+ years of quantitative analysis in a business facing capacity.
- 5+ years of SQL experience.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing A/B/n and multivariate experiments.
- 5+ years of data visualization experience in Looker, or any comparable BI tool.
- Strong grasp of statistics and statistical software (R, Python, etc.)
- Experience in Adobe Analytics or any comparable web analytics tool.
- Proven record of working closely with senior leadership.
- Preference for candidates with two-sided marketplace experience.
- Experience working with large scale data sets of varying granularities.
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into actionable insights.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Business Analytics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $100,000 - $145,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world