Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager - Billing to join our Monetization product team. In this role, you will help drive vision, strategy, and roadmap for Checkr’s billing products, and collaborate closely with partners in engineering, design, marketing, customer success, pricing strategy and other product teams across the organization. You will build foundational and scalable capabilities to enable pricing, bill calculations, and invoicing.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong customer focus combined with a successful track record of shipping software, and managing product life cycle. This role requires someone who is uncompromising in delivery of high quality, scalable and innovative solutions. They will have exemplary product management and communication skills, and a track record of delivering results in collaboration with business and engineering colleagues.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Build a deep understanding and empathy for Checkr’s customers.
- Drive product roadmap and measurable business outcomes that align with our vision and mission.
- Analyze large data sets and complex workflows to uncover new opportunities for a mission-critical product area.
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful products and features.
- Drive cross-functional decisions and alignment with sales, product marketing, customer success, business development, customers, and technology partners.
What we value in a Principal Product Manager:
- 10+ years of product management or related experience with high-quality services and large-scale integrations for B2B and/or SaaS products.
- Experience bringing new products to market from conception to launch.
- Strong oral and written communication to C-level internal and external executives
- Strong ability to distill a large, complex set of data into simple KPIs.
- A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment.
- Proactive attitude, natural curiosity, and willingness to roll up sleeves to achieve goals and deliver great experiences for customers
- Payments/fintech experience
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $214,583-$252,450.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.