Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
We operate websites for the largest sports leagues and teams in the world. Scaling out our websites as well as repeatable business operations is dependent on a consistent data source of truth. We are seeking an awesome individual to lead our Master Data Services team as a Senior Director, Product Management. This role will work closely with our leaders in website experience, merchandising, and business intelligence across business and tech organizations to build out these internal tools. We are looking for someone who likes to understand how systems work and wants to become the domain expert to whom others turn. This role will also have responsibility for defining and documenting product requirements and working closely with other PMs, our architecture team, front end and back end developers, and QA engineers in an agile development environment to ensure we ship features that enable our business customers and drive users to our site. We are looking for a smart, savvy technologist who loves data, eCommerce, and sports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with our technology and data teams to understand platform capabilities and operations; learn how the platforms work and be the expert on the team who helps us get the most out of available capabilities.
- Help define product vision and roadmap for our master data and product content management platforms.
- Define and document features and communicate product requirements in ways that make sense in the context of an agile process (written, visual, direct conversation) in sufficient detail to allow developers to execute effectively.
- Understand product requirements from stakeholder across the business (e.g., executives, partner managers, other product teams), integrate requirements into the product roadmap
- Drive on-going prioritization of projects, trade-off discussions, and communication of accurate timelines and status back to stakeholders.
- Manage dependencies and co-own the project management aspects of the team with engineering leadership.
- Support the day-to-day operations by triaging issues, validating data, and communicating to stakeholders.
- Monitor and understand the development calendar; know where your products are in development at all times and manage blockers and dependencies.
- Be an expert with respect to our competition.
- Great attention to detail and vigilance for following through on your work.
- Deliver. Say what you will and then do it. Be the person who just gets it done!
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Computer Science, or related degree; Masters preferred
- 7+ years experience in product management
- Experience with master data services tooling. The ideal candidate has been the product owner for internal or external tooling to satisfy master data management, product information management, and more.
- Experience defining and shipping great features and products
- Experience documenting technical product requirements
- Experience using analytics and data to make product decisions
- Experience with querying databases using SQL
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work across an organization effectively
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Passion for technology
Salary Range for Director levels: $165,000 - $250,000
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.