Marketing Product Owner (Can work US anywhere) at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
You will be the Product Owner for marketing digital products utilizing agile software development principles to create and deliver web based applications for the user and client experience. You will plan and execute overall marketing and branding strategies, promotional programs and related activities to ensure new and existing products meet organizational goals and expectations.
- Work with stakeholders to understand business problem statements and convert them into user stories.
- Articulate product vision and user stories in a manner clearly understandable to development teams.
- Manage backlog of user stories for one or more products.
- Establish user story acceptance criteria, accepts user stories, refines stories with Scrum teams.
- Review and provide feedback on test plans to ensure application changes meet acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate to create Sprint Release Plans with input from development teams.
- Apply Agile methods and processes to promote a disciplined project management process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation of ongoing work product.
- Lead planning and review meetings to communicate feedback on development achievements.
- Oversee primary activities of individual contributors to ensure completion of tasks and attainment of departmental goals.
- Manage personnel activities of staff, i.e., hire, train, reward, motivate, discipline, terminate, performance reviews and pay discussions.
- Serve as escalation point for issues beyond team authority; resolves conflicts involving scheduling, resources or technical issues.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, also previous product owner, BA, digital product experience/knowledge preferred or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- At least 4 – 6+ years of related experience.
- Understanding of product strategy, market, industry, and client goals.
- Strong champion of user/client experience.
- Strong negotiation, organization, management, analytical and people skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts.
- Proficiency in problem solving and time management skills managing multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency to operate independently.
What we offer you
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and well-being
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.