Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Role
The GM Product provides strategic, commercial, and technical oversight across the relevant product groups to ensure alignment with overall Xero strategy and customer requirements to drive the execution of key projects, owning the communication with stakeholders around the globe, and building empathy for and understanding of your users, customers, and markets.
This newly created GM Role is to ensure the direction and alignment of holistic product strategy across AU, NZ, and Singapore markets advocating for the levels of investment needed to achieve this strategy; working with senior leaders and their peers to align on overarching outcomes and team priorities in this space. Additionally, the role will explore and define strategies in relation to approaching APAC regions such as Hong Kong.
As GM Product, you will be responsible for teams of Xeros that create value for our small businesses and our partners by building and enhancing the products that make the magic happen. You will provide oversight across your portfolio, ensuring the right things are built at the right time and through doing so you’ll contribute to Xero achieving its goals.
You’ll bring extensive experience leading product teams and building products at scale using cloud-based, modern architectures. You’ve ideally led complex programs of work spanning multiple areas of a business, with very strong influencing skills. You will have experience in developing out product strategies and turning them into tangible customer outcomes, along with proven experience of optimising the way product teams collaborate to get the best results for the business.
The focus of this role will be to assume responsibility for AU, NZ, and SG tax products, inclusive of both sales and annual tax, whilst also building out tax strategy for regions of Asia such as Hong Kong. You will be comfortable to challenge the status quo on how products are discovered and delivered.
You’ll be an excellent communicator and have a long history of successful relationship management to draw upon. You will be comfortable to regularly be in front of Executive teams and Boards.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a product strategy roadmap
- Regularly review this strategy, updating it to reflect changes in Xero’s strategy, market changes, and lessons learned from customers and initiatives
- In collaboration with design and product teams, transform product ideas into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects while maintaining a serious consideration of the financial implications, marketing needs, and the overall objectives of the business
- Work with other product teams and other teams within Xero to create a framework of quantitative metrics that demonstrate the success or otherwise of product evolution and product marketing
- Be accountable for the commercial success
- Define, own and communicate the product roadmap and prioritisation
- Ensure the roadmaps produced by Product Managers are data-informed, based on customer research, have clear objectives and KPIs, balance functional and nonfunctional work and are realistic
- Build and lead effective teams of product managers, product owners, developers and analysts that continually improve and deliver value to our customers
- Contribute to the improvement of Xero’s product leadership capability
- Work with local go-to-market teams to ensure they understand the product strategy, the team understands their challenges and there is clear messaging in place for all product launches
- Work closely with your peers to deliver quality software that solves real customer problems
- Bridge technical and business worlds as you lead strong and productive relationships with stakeholders to understand and deliver on market needs and priorities, and evangelise our product strategy and roadmap
- Manage the day-to-day execution of all product activities for the purpose of meeting the product and Xero’s goals
- Work with strategy, product marketing, data, and research teams and drive user and competitive research to uncover customer needs and new product value propositions in line with Xero’s vision and commercial goals
- Establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the wider organisation, particularly Engineering & Architecture, Design, Marketing, Regions, Sales and Customer Experience
- Cultivate a fun, rewarding, innovative and results-driven culture that lives and breathes our Xero values
What You'll Bring:
- Previous experience in leading people leaders and forming high-performing teams
- Proven experience collaborating with a diverse stakeholder group to realise commercial outcomes
- Solid track record of addressing customer needs through innovative use of technology
- Proven ability to influence outcomes at all levels
- Extensive experience working with software development projects at scale
- Demonstrated experience in defining product roadmaps and planning
- Ownership and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Building of effective relationships across all levels of the business
- Advocate for building quality software that are customer centric
- Ability to break down complex problems, deliver pragmatic solutions and able to manage changing priorities
- Strong understanding of business software solutions
- Broad knowledge of technology and software development
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us! You can choose to perform this role:
-In one of our #beautiful offices
-Flexibly, through a hybrid of in-office and remote working styles
As a permanent remote worker at Xero we want to ensure you are getting the same #beautiful employee experience as our in-office Xero’s. Permanent remote Xero’s will benefit from a virtual ergonomic work assessment and funding to assist with the improvement of your at home work setup. Xero will also fund up to 4 trips a year to your most relevant region Xero office. You are part of our #team and we want to see you thrive!
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.