Director of Product at Focused Labs
Who we are?
We’re looking for a Director of Product to join our growing, select, team. At Focused Labs, we are on a mission to deliver positive outcomes and help teams get to the cloud. We are dedicated to delivering products to market quickly that meet the business objectives and user needs of our clients. We work with a variety of clients from different industries, collaborating as we get new products to market, modernize legacy systems, and upskill teams.
- Listen first • We are experts in product practices but life long learners in the domain of our customers. We research, collaborate, and understand.
- Learn why • We ask questions to understand problem spaces, objectives, and goals, which allows us to deeply invest and drive towards the outcomes of our clients.
- Love your craft • We love diving into a variety of domains and solving problems. We take pride in delivering value, in communicating progress, and guiding our clients to success.
What would you be doing?
- Create a shared vision across teams and the company by aligning product managers on best practices in scoping, discovery, and delivery
- Lead and encourage a team of product managers, enabling high performance through mentorship and feedback
- Lead product discovery and roadmap workshops with key prospects and clients including project scopings and project kick-offs
- Define a product strategy, vision and outcome focused roadmap that solves real problems and creates value for clients
- Collaborate closely with customers to solve problems that are core to their business and build an impactful product
- Manage and prioritize a backlog that keeps the team on track, delivering value towards a client’s vision
- Collaborate with developers, designers, and clients to determine priorities and ensure project teams can continually operate efficiently
- Work with designers to create wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Monitor and communicate project health, including managing risks
- Define and track success metrics; leverage data to make informed decisions
- Bias towards action when managing competing priorities, while demonstrating progress to stakeholders
- Quickly understand the client domain and identify trends and opportunities in that space
- Help define and improve who we are as a company and a team
Why are we excited about you?
- You have managed direct reports including hiring Product Managers
- You have built successful relationships with enterprise stakeholders
- You enjoy creating alignment between teams
- You have experience with lean, and user centered design methodologies
- You have managed an Agile backlog and lead a development team to turn business opportunities into working software solutions
- You can quickly dive into a problem space, assess the situation, understand goals and drive towards productive outcomes
- You are comfortable creating basic wireframes or user flows
- You thrive on ambiguity
- You can break down complex problems into actionable steps
- You are focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems
If you had worked at Focused Labs over the last 3 months you may have
- Launched a new Membership sign up flow on an existing client website
- Paired with engineers to define scope and priorities
- Suggested and scoped new sets of work with an existing client
- Tested a mobile app for release to the Play and Apple stores
- Worked with a client to scope and begin building a quick turnaround high priority project
- Helped our company create a new internal wiki
What to know before you apply:
- Focused Labs is open to remote employees
- Focused Labs is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of the employment Visa process at this time
We believe employees should be paid fairly and equitably. Salary ranges may vary depending on your location and previous experience. The Chicago salary range for this role is: $150,000 - $200,000.