Director, Product Management - Payments at Angi (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the role:
We are looking for a Director of Product to drive the product vision and execution for our marketplace. This product area is focused on owning and driving the long-term Angi Pay business plan, specifically its path to profitability. Our objective is to build the easiest, most personalized product in the industry - where we help our customers and pros grow by delivering results.
To get there, the Director of Product will be responsible for building strategically significant, customer-centric experiences and prioritizing new areas to tackle. We are looking for a leader who will define and steer the execution of the product roadmap to get us there. You will also get to develop and hire a small team, while defining and evangelizing the vision for your strategy with senior leadership.
What you’ll do:
- Define the strategy and roadmap to deliver on key business and product goals for our marketplace
- Expand and lead a high performing team to deliver on the vision and goals
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day, with data as your guide
- Deeply understand our consumers and service professionals and where we have opportunities to make their lives better
- Think beyond the bounds of digital product to figure out how we deliver value in the real world
- Look for ways to constantly keep the ball moving forward by shipping, analyzing, researching, and learning week in and week out
- Launch new products and features with a highly detailed and thoughtful testing approach
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and analytics teams to make swift and smart decisions, move fast, and deliver for customers and pros
Who you are
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+Ls. You look to own and drive outcomes - you find ways to build impact and wins.
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning
- Data-fluent: you use data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- A team builder: you are excited by the chance to build a diverse, well-rounded team of high performing product managers
- A strategic thinker: you can look across your portfolio of products and the business and are able to come up with a strategy that will drive toward key business product goals
- A strong communicator: you are effective at communicating the strategy and the “how we get there” at varying levels - executive, cross-functional teams, and to your team. Teammates know what you’re focused on and why it matters.
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- Fiercely competitive: you operate with a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity for how we can improve the lives of our customers and our pros. You aren’t easily knocked down
Skills and Experience needed for success:
- 8+ years of experience, with a focus of 5+ years of experience in product management, and 2+ years leading high-performance teams in fast-paced, digitally native organizations
- Experience managing and coaching a team; passion for creating an environment where creative solutions are nurtured
- A track record of innovating on behalf of customers and developing ‘new to the world’ products
- Deep experience A/B testing fast and at scale
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions and levels seamlessly juggling the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Superior communication skills: you communicate clearly and concisely, including with senior leadership, and can tailor your message to your audience
- Graduate degree preferred but not required
We value diversity:
We know that the best ideas come from product teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $150,000 - $250,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world