Director, Product Management - Explorer Surgical at GHX
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:26 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, December 28, 2021
The purpose of this role is to lead, direct and manage the Product Management function and activities for Explorer BU by steering and managing the vision, objectives and strategy for the Explorer portfolio of software/hardware products and related services.This is an opportunity to lead Product for the fastest growing business unit in a top healthcare software company, backed by best-in-class private equity owners. Explorer Surgical was recently acquired in October by GHX and you have the best of both worlds - a startup, fast- paced culture with the resources and establishment of a bigger brand.The Director of Product will own 3 avenues of product development and management:1) Software product management2) Hardware product management3) Customer Advisory Board managementPrincipal duties and responsibilities:Software product management:
- In partnership with the Stakeholders, reviews business opportunities to optimize the product portfolio through analysis and understanding of targeted markets, segmentation efforts, market trends, new technology, consumer needs and competitive environment in order to define Product Vision and Strategic Direction.
- Organizes and manages Idea Management Process for collecting, organizing, and evaluating insights and feedback from Internal Stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Legal, Compliance) and External Stakeholders (Users, Customer Advisory Board)
- Collaborates with the Stakeholders to define Product Roadmaps, prioritizes Product Features and establishes go to market strategies that enable achievement of revenue goals and competitively position the solution for future growth
- Collaborates with Engineering to define product features' Functional Requirements, Acceptance Criteria and User Experience.
- Monitors and analyzes how well a Product Features are performing, to include product profitability, actual to planned revenue, customer satisfaction, and retention/renewals.
- Reviews areas that may impact product stability, to include product life cycle, quality, technical debt, support, operations and compliance.
- Manages pre and post release communications, provide internal release notes and collaborates with Product Education to develop customer facing Release Notes
- Supports sales and sales operations on advancing the product(s) visibility, understanding, and when required, direct client sales support
- Develops and manages a hardware strategic plan, including vendor selection and split of internal vs. external hardware resources
- Works collaboratively with sales and customer success to test hardware options and collect Customer feedback
- Acts as primary owner of quarterly Customer Advisory Board meetings to formally collect feedback and modify software/hardware roadmap accordingly
- Works collaboratively with customer success, sales and engineering to set agenda and distribute feedback from Customer Advisory Board meetings
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline, or a combination of education and related experience
- Minimum of 5 years' product management and leadership experience, either leading dedicated indirect teams or direct reports
- Prior experience in healthcare
- Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service) and mobile apps.
- Experience with User Experience design
- Experience with Hardware development life cycle.
- Process optimization experience
- Technical aptitude to understand product dynamics and recommend product enhancements
- Strong business acumen, with an understanding of accounting/financial principles
- Highly adept at working collaboratively across multiple business and technical functions
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to be self-directed with strong initiative
- Sound project management skills, and well organized
Read Full Job Description