Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
ABOUT THE TEAM
FIS’ Data Solutions Group is a highly collaborative and fast-paced group responsible for providing the next generation of data products and services to FIS clients. Our products provide transformative, data-driven insights and actions, and empower our clients to succeed in an increasingly competitive, data-driven world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re seeking an experienced Product Manager to join FIS’ Data Solutions Group. In this role, you will oversee data products within the FIS™ Ethos ecosystem of data solutions.
In this role you will manage products to maintain their long-term vision and strategy, introduce incremental change to remain relevant, improve efficiencies, or retain operational excellence, and implement strategies to grow adoption over time and sustain long-term revenue & profit goals.
WHAT EXPERIENCE WILL YOU NEED?
- You will have 5-7 years of experience with product management and be able to navigate the product lifecycle from business case to requirements definition to execution and go-to-market and manage on a long-term basis. Strong financial acuity (accounting and/or finance) and project management skills a plus.
- Background in data, financial services, and/or fintech required.
- You will have a strong understanding of why, and an uncanny ability to communicate it; you will be disciplined to translate the why into ‘what’.
- You take a client-first approach to product design and development. Pragmatic Marketing and agile product management experience desired.
- You are adept at communicating in a concise and professional manner across a variety of business, financial, and technical ranges and positions.
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks.
- You are a problem-solver with a positive attitude.
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally.
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability, resiliency.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Prepare business cases for product enhancements that reflect evidence of market demand and financial viability.
- Prepare and present product plans, identifying risks and challenges, opportunities and growth strategies, and business integration needs.
- Demonstrate leadership by establishing and articulating a clear product strategy and a clear vision of success as to how goals and objectives will be achieved.
- Manage the product plan by ensuring changes in market and business priorities are reflected, including integration needs and technology advancements. Prepare and present product roadmaps.
- Manage project inventory during budget planning process; interlock on companion activity and prioritize as necessary to execute against plan throughout the year.
- Monitor and understand product’s profit and loss statement. Responsible for revenue and profitability of assigned products.
- Engage with clients during feedback sessions, focus groups, user groups and requirements gathering sessions. Practice open and honest communications with clients.
- Collaborate with marketing, operations, and other internal partners to define the client experience and ensure enhancement launch readiness criteria are met in alignment with Ethos standards.
- Coordinate pilot activities acting as primary contact with client, securing pilot agreement and monitoring progress. Determine success criteria.
- Manage vendor and third-party relationships that are key to product delivery.
- Act as an escalation point for client issues that require product change resolution (does not include standard problem escalation process).
- Work closely with development teams to review enhancement requests for strategic value and align resources to high priority projects.
- Seek out and develop relationships throughout the organization to facilitate partnership
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.