Commercial Operations Analyst - Product Management Operations - Remote at GHX
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:34 a.m. (MST) on Friday, March 11, 2022
The Commercial Operations Analyst will be responsible for enabling and guiding Product Management within the GHX commercial process. They will serve as a cross-functional liaison between Product Management and Deal Desk, Legal, Sales, FP&A and Corporate Systems to execute, manage, establish, and scale activities in two primary areas: contracts and pricing. They will work with operational leads across the organization to identify and solution operational and tooling challenges to an efficient, scalable, and speedy quote-to-cash workflow.The successful candidate will be a personable, determined individual who enjoys guiding and facilitating cross functional collaborations. One who is enthusiastic about managing projects, but also willing to roll up their sleeves and do the work. This role also requires a quick learner, organized and detail-oriented individual, who has technical writing skills and can translate both technical and business requirements into, contract terms, tools, and efficient practices.This role will provide the chosen individual with exceptional exposure to various aspects of the quote-to-cash lifecycle and experience working with numerous tools, roles, and ranks. The breadth of the role can serve as a unique springboard into a variety of positions in Product Operations, Sales Operations, Deal Desk, Legal, Pricing, and Project Management. Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between Product Management, Solution Delivery and Deal Desk to support customized opportunities, document opportunity details and provide contract language for large and/or complex deals.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Product Management on pricing, product configuration and contract terms to support the sales effort; simplify and standardize terms and practices for consistency and scale.
- Manage and support the process of creating and updating product SKUs in CPQ tools (Apttus and SFDC) including defining, documenting, testing, implementing, and training on product SKUs.
- Provide project management support to facilitate changes in the CPQ tool. Coordinate between Product Management, Sales Support, Accounting, Finance, and Solutions Delivery to ensure offering structure supports business requirements.
- Analyze and prioritize change requests to contract and pricing terms; optimize intake, prioritization, execution, and communication of these requests.
- Collaborate and build proactive, positive relationships with peers and managers within the GHX commercial process ecosystem (Deal Desk, Legal, Corporate Systems, Solution Delivery, Marketing, Revenue Ops, etc.) to ensure consistency within processes, determine best practices, and drive continuous improvements.
- Support emerging / ad-hoc project of Product Management Operations as needed.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with ability to translate between business, legal, and technical requirements
- Motivated problem-solver with the ability to sort through issues to create and recommend improvements
- Comfortable leading change and cross-functional projects without given authority, among different teams and more senior roles
- Passionate about tools, process, and automation to drive continuous improvement in quality, speed, and cost
- Ability to work on multiple projects and/or problems simultaneously and navigate effectively/creatively through roadblocks in a professional, diplomatic manner
- Ability to establish and communicate priorities to promote discipline, proactiveness and adherence to timelines
- Bachelor's or associate degree, or combination of education and related experience
- Technical writing or contract management experience
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Apttus CPQ (big plus!) or Salesforce.com
- Experience in project management or pricing operations
- Experience with SaaS delivered applications and business models
- Understanding of B2B contracting, marketing or financial practices
Read Full Job Description