Payroll Associate (Remote)
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
If you are an Internal Candidate, please apply via our Internal Job Board.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Payroll Associate. This role will report to the Sr Payroll & Equity Administration Manager and be responsible for full-cycle payroll activities for over 1,200 employees in 31 states (and growing). We’re looking for someone who is dedicated to making sure critical payroll processes are effectively, accurately, and efficiently completed while ensuring compliance with applicable federal and state legislation.
As a Payroll Associate, you will:
- Assist with processing bi-weekly payroll for two company codes, ensuring all forms of compensation are properly reconciled and paid on time
- Partner with our People Ops team on reconciling:
- benefit/retirement information
- leaves and disability pay and tracking
- Track employee education and student loan benefits in compliance with documented policies
- Prepare reports out of the payroll system that will be utilized by users across the company
- Partner with Guild employees and managers to ensure non-exempt time cards are collected in advance of processing deadlines
- Become an expert in our payroll system ensuring accurate record keeping, data, and security
- Provide excellent customer service as the face and voice (and email inbox) of our payroll team, helping to resolve and respond to payroll-related questions from employees and managers
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Minimum of 2+ years of payroll processing experience
- Obsessive attention to detail and organizational skills
- An auditor’s mindset for all supporting documentation within cloud-based (Google) environment
- Ability to keep business information confidential and respect sensitive information of others
- Capable of exercising discretion and independent judgment over payroll-related matters of importance
- Strong people skills and capable of communicating with all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities and establish and meet deadlines
- Experience and interest in working in a fast-paced, changing, and collaborative environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Expertise with payroll processing software/HRIS (ADP Workforce Now & Workday preferred)
- FPC or CPP is a plus!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $60,000 - $75,000 as well as company stock options. We are committed to providing opportunities that align with our larger company strategy of Career Mobility. We believe that skills are transferable and value candidates that have a passion for our mission and a learner’s mindset. If you don’t have 100% of the qualifications but can see yourself doing a great job, we invite you to apply.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth