VP, Global Customer Care at GHX
- Manages all aspects of customer support, delivery operations, and services in a high availability SaaS environment.
- Represents the customer care function effectively within the company with a full appreciation of the pivotal contribution to profitability made by the area but equally the need to partner with other groups to deliver a flawless customer experience.
- Ensures GHX’s overall customer support and operation system grows and evolves with the increasing scale and complexity of the company’s growing global business.
- Establishes and maintains good communication with product, engineering, sales and business partners in order to facilitate and optimize supportability through proper use of support systems and operational improvements.
- Ensures optimal coordination and balance between strategy, planning and day-to-day operational execution; identifies trends and work with appropriate teams to mitigate further customer impact.
- Provides proactive capacity and performance management recommendations for improvements to ensure there are proper resources to grow with business demand while constantly looking to improve the efficiency of the process, technology and personnel resources.
- Implements a process methodology that provides predictable operational framework (such as; DevOps, ITIL, 6-Sigma, Lean, KCS) ensuring that operational activities are managed promptly, with repeatability; driving towards a highly scalable operational model; achieves industry certification for operational excellence.
- Leads a team of local experts in the United States and Europe as well as a large offshore Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) team located in India; directs and oversees work-flow through Directors, Managers, and Supervisors.
- Oversees the global operations of; document conversion (to EDI), Network Operations Center, application management, document delivery, customer support, managed services and content data management.
- Markets the work of the team, while identifying process improvements to drive both increased customer satisfaction and decreased operational expenses.
- Communicates success metrics of teams to include customer support satisfaction, transaction volumes, problem reductions, cases and resolution times.
- Establishes quality support policies and procedures to be adhered to throughout the service delivery life cycle. Commits to continually developing technical skills, understanding business needs and developing technological and operational solutions.
- Partners with the product and development teams to define and implement an overall strategy for operations using ITIL, Lean-Six Sigma, DevOps principles, aligned with PLM and Agile methodologies to ensure scalable, fast delivery, reliable services and cost-effective operations.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to ensure that bugs, enhancements and all infrastructure related customer impacting issues are identified, prioritized and fixed quickly and effectively.
- Oversees coordination with development, sales, product management, service delivery, and other company departments required to accomplish the department’s objectives through key results.
- Provides reports on systems performance, capacity, forecasting usage to assist in planning for future requirements to improve supportability and scalability.
- Serves as escalation point for critical support issues; partners with GHX security teams to enforce the security of the environments.
- Creates, implements and monitors disaster recovery plans for critical operations and support systems.
- Develops and manages departmental budget and meets financial targets.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in supporting, maintaining and improving a highly scalable SaaS environment that require 100% uptime. Experience managing client issues and communications during incidents.
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated management skills for supply chain management, ITIL, Knowledge Center Support, Lean Six-Sigma, and Dev-Ops in a SaaS environment.
- History of partnering with the product and development teams to define and implement the infrastructure necessary to meet the service level and cost objectives required to support applications in a cloud-based environment.
- Proven ability to manage and resolve incidents and problems; troubleshoot and resolve system issues during a crisis. Has the ability to work with cross-functional organizations to complete Root Causes Analysis and drive appropriate system improvements to ensure supportability and scalability.
- Proven experience in developing service level standards focused on response times, issue resolution and customer satisfaction. Utilizing department metrics / KPIs to ensure levels of high customer satisfaction. Ensure that system SLAs are well-known, documented and continuously monitored.
- Experience in managing a large offshore BPO as well as understanding the complexities and regulations around other geographies and cultures.
- Travel Requirements: 25%
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree.
- 15+ years of demonstrated, effective customer focused results management experience.
- Certifications in: ITIL, Knowledge Center Support, Lean Six-Sigma, and Dev-Ops for supply chain management
- MBA or Master’s in supply chain management or related discipline preferred.
- Experience implementing solutions and best practices in a fast paced, high availability, global SaaS - customer service and operations organization
- Operates with a sense of urgency and is an effective leader and influencer in a complex, matrixed organization.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 600 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Omaha, Nebraska, and Chicago, Illinois.