VP, General Manager of Healthy Living & Fitness at Pocket Outdoor Media
Pocket Outdoor Media, Inc. (“POM”) is looking for a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals! The General Manager runs the day-to-day operations of the Fitness & Healthy Living Group, leading the staff that supports the brands that include: Yoga Journal, Clean Eating, Vegetarian Times, Oxygen, Muscles & Performance, Better Nutrition and The Box.
This is a leadership position focused on vision, long-term strategies, revenue development, new partnerships, and cross-functional team collaboration with other POM brands, marketing, product development and supporting functions. In addition, day-to-day management of departmental directors, translating high level strategy into execution, and methodically improving KPI’s and internal processes.
Overall objective is to make sustainable and values-based decisions that will increase market share and sales in order to deliver revenue targets, while building audience engagement through network and vertical membership growth.
How You Will Make A Difference:
- Provide leadership to a large and diverse staff across various departments.
- Oversee all aspects of the brands, develop strategy and budgets, and plan to achieve revenue targets.
- P&L and forecast management across the collection of brands.
- Work to generate revenue and diversify revenue across the portfolio.
- Responsible for delivery against the annual business plan.
- Responsible for the delivery of identified new business revenue targets
- Works collaboratively with other departments to establish and carry out responsibilities.
- Foster strong relationships and communication built on trust with client across all business units, platforms and internal departments
- Managerial finance: financial statement analysis and P&L management
- Develop and maintain business operational systems and processes in a fast-growth environment
- Audience Development, Marketing, and Research to support subscription and digital traffic growth
- Sales management of endemic sales team
- Establishing business terms, contract review and feedback on relationships that will drive the business forward.
- Team management across editorial, marketing and sales teams for the brands
What You Bring
- B.A. in Business or related field, MBA preferred
- Strong understanding of media
- 15+ years’ experience
- “Outside the box" approaches to problem solving
- Creative/strategic thinking skills, with experience in brainstorming strategic marketing programs
- Excellent communication and organization skills for leading large teams
- Driven to improve current standard operating procedures
- Proven ability to project manage
- Proactive, self-starter
- + Fearless in approach
- + Risk taker
- + Intellectually Curious
- Adaptable personality
- + Inspiring, infectious and dynamic in-room presence
- + Leader of people
- + Ability to travel
- Be accountable - walk the talk, lead by example, create goals and stick to them.
- Should have experience in the health, wellness and mindfulness industries.
- Lives a healthy and active lifestyle.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.