Guild is hiring a Vice President, Business Operations. Guild operates as a multifaceted organization across many different teams and functions. This team is passionate about improving the operations of Guild as a whole, looking for greater efficiency, effectiveness and connectivity, through the development of critical processes, tooling and special projects. As the Vice President of Business Operations, you will be responsible for building out this critical new function.
As Vice President, Business Operations, you will:
- Define a vision for Business Operations at Guild, building a world-class team, developing the roadmap and establishing the team as a trusted strategic partner to functions across Guild
- Collaborate with team members across Guild to identify and understand complex business challenges, with a focus on defining solutions
- Lead a team that oversees the successful delivery of those solutions in a cross-functional way
- Identify the critical ‘rhythm of business’ across Guild to maximize how Guilders leverage their time, collaborate effectively and drive cross-functional alignment
- Oversee recurring planning processes that ensure Guild is collectively setting the right direction across all teams, guided by OKRs
- Identify critical ‘painkillers’, positioning the team to be the champion of solving key operational needs of team members
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Cultivates Innovation
- Drives Results
- Business Insight
- Optimizes Work Processes
Additional Key Competencies
- Develops Talent
- Manages Ambiguity
- Tech Savvy
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $210,000 - $247,500, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.