Vice President of Marketplace Operations & Payments Partnerships at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Vice President of Marketplace Operations & Payments Partnerships who will be responsible for ensuring for smooth education benefits administration and tuition payments operations across the Guild marketplace, one of the company’s fastest-growing and most vital business segments.
As Vice President of Marketplace Operations & Payments Partnerships, you will develop strong relationships internally, with Guild’s new and existing Fortune 1000 clients and top-tier academic partners. You will be a strategic partner to ensure the smooth operation of the Payments and Benefit Management system across the Guild marketplace. This platform incorporates technology, payment strategy, program design and process to manage education benefits for tens of thousands of Guild students and is the critical foundation that will facilitate rapid and efficient scale as we launch dozens of new partners every year.
You will lead a team responsible for guiding best-in class employer education benefit programs and developing marketplace principles to guide execution while improving workflows based on the needs of Guild and Guild’s partners. With ownership across the partner experience, the team also onboards new partners and identifies opportunities for process and policy improvements while sharing value-creating recommendations to our internal teams. The insights and strategic problem solving resulting from this team contribute meaningfully to Guild’s mission of helping students succeed in their academic programs. This role will report to Mae Podesta, SVP of Marketplace Operations & Payments Strategy.
As a Vice President of Marketplace Operations & Payments Partnerships you will:
- Lead and shape a growing highly cross-functional team responsible for serving as the primary liaison for large new and existing academic and employer partners on areas related to education benefit program & policy design, education benefits administration, and tuition facilitation
- Coach and expand a high performing team to develop processes & systems that enable efficient onboarding of 5-10 new partners / quarter
- Collaborate closely including leaders of Solutions, Sales, Technology, and Student Growth teams to provide thought leadership on areas related to education benefit program & policy strategy and inform future product roadmaps
- Partner with our Partnerships and Payments Ops teams to define requirements; lead onboarding and support ongoing management of new partners into Guild’s payments platform, while ensuring contractual requirements are met
- Earn trust and increase partner satisfaction through data, insights, and solutions that make Guild our partners most valuable payments and benefits administrator
- Champion key projects that benefit your key stakeholders and Guild
- Celebrate successes while relentlessly look for systems improvements
- Identify areas to reduce complexity and increase our ability and speed to scale
In addition to working with leaders across our Marketplace Operations and Payment Strategy Team, you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Bijal Shah (Chief Product and Analytics Officer), Greg Siegel (SVP of Go to Market) & Amanda Lubin (VP of Marketplace Delivery).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years of total experience in similar or related roles, preferably in dynamic cross-functional organizations where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential to the business’ success
- Demonstrated ability to tackle and drive complex problems with significant interdependencies
- Built teams that maintain a high internal and external customer service or NPS score
- Experience scaling a team, processes, and systems in a fast growing environment
- Exceptional problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, creating confidence and credibility with external and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to challenge and debate issues to identify the best possible outcome
- Commitment to understanding technical matters outside own area of expertise
- Passion for working with service-enabled technology products
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data, metrics, and analytics to drive decisions, insights, accountability and improve results
- Empathy and understanding which you bring to our students, employers, and teammates
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, finance, accounting, business or similarly related field or equivalent experience
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.