Technician IV - Harness at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician IV - Harness
What You’ll Do:
- Fabricate highly reliable aerospace harnesses for Flight and non-Flight applications.
- Day to day responsibilities include executing standards, practices, and procedures to meet product / program requirements.
- Operations include soldering, crimping, shield terminations, encapsulation and complex harness repair operations as needed.
- Additional support to PWB assembly may be required, including, but not limited to, hand soldering of electronic components and assistance with automated assembly equipment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 6 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must know how to read and interpret drawings, schematics, and complex assembly instructions in order to fabricate harnesses.
- Competencies in soldering, crimping, shield termination as well as complex cable rework / repair operations.
- Ability to perform operations on very small wire gauges under a microscope.
- Ability to use handheld testing equipment (ex. DMM) to verify harness construction.
- Know connector care, mating, de-mating, cleaning, identification, and inspection.
- Must be able to obtain or be currently certified to: Workmanship Requirements for Electronics and Cable Assemblies in accordance with IPC J-STD-001, IPC J-STD-001 Space Addendum, IPC/WHMA-A-620, and NASA-STD-8739.4; Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) in accordance with ANSI S20.20; and Polymerics use and application.
- Aerospace, clean room and flow bench and experience working with critical Flight hardware is preferred, applicant selected will be required to cross-train with other tasks across the organization.
- Ability to work complex processes efficiently with little supervision. Able to work in a lab/production environment majority of the time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel and management.
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (including Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom or manufacturing floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $26.44 - $35.82 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.