Technician IV - Electrical Fabrication and Assembly at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Technician IV – Electrical Fabrication and Assembly
What you'll do:
- Fabricate and rework non-flight electrical hardware in either production or development settings using build documents and assembly drawings (e.g. cable, chassis, rack assemblies, test aids, etc.).
- Interpret electrical drawings, mechanical drawings and wire lists accurately.
- Obtain the required technician certifications for working in a clean lab environment with awareness of ESD (electrical static discharge) protocols
- Identify and troubleshoot hardware problems associated with product design or workmanship issues.
- Measure/record test data and recognize/report out of tolerance conditions.
- Perform continuity and certification tests on a variety products and hardware, including learning about CIRRIS testing of fabricated cables.
- Assist in Mentoring and Training less experienced Technicians in Electrical Cables and Rack Systems fabrication.
- Assist in the Workflow through the Assembly area and provide direction and task assignment to less experienced Technicians.
- Conduct assignments and produce desired results in an efficient and effective manner, working with management regarding cost, schedule and consideration for the manufacturability and reuse of hardware.
- Work with Lab Management in providing direction in process and assembly protocol, and general improvements in the work area with the goal of improving efficiency and reducing costs
- Monitor, support, conduct, and redline supervised tests using a written test procedure.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 8 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree and 6 years or more of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills and have the ability to exercise them effectively in a technical environment.
- Good mechanical aptitude, hand-eye coordination, dexterity and have the ability to work effectively with a variety of hand tools.
- Must be a motivated and ambitious self-starting individual with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be properly trained and obtain necessary certifications to perform required assembly and fabrication operations (e.g. Cleanroom, Electrostatic Discharge Protection, J-STD-001 Soldering, IPC-A-620 Cable & Wire Harness Assemblies, etc.).
- Demonstrated working relationship with other disciplines. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel and management is required.
- Ability to learn and execute basic computer skills such as data entry and data query.
- Ability to read and follow complex schematics, assembly drawings, and execute test procedures.
- Willingness to learn Ball process software tools like Agile and Velocity.
- Ability to effectively work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work with heavy tooling and fixtures.
- Availability and willingness to provide expeditious technical support and work overtime as required.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $25.96 - $35.10 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.