Technical Support, Tier II at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Technical Support (II) to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Act as the first point of contact for customers and provide regular, succinct updates as issues are progressed through resolution.
- Identify trends that impact multiple customers, summarize those trends with data and drive visibility/action for resolution.
- Actively communicate with other squads to promote customer needs and defect fixes.
- Work bugs/defects and data ingest issues to resolution with Engineering and other Technical Support team members.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Provide thorough documentation for issues including summarizing the investigation methodology, the resolution summary, and any open issues
- Ensure complete ownership of issues, including developing a full understanding of the issues, a clear definition of success and maintain ownership until a customer is satisfied.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures for the Technical Support Team; Provide updates and process improvements and drive those changes through implementation
What you bring to Uplight:
- 2-4 years in Technical Support in enterprise software support, or SaaS a plus
- Patient, communicative, team player that is detail-oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience working with external customers to define and implement complex solutions and/or address complex technical/process challenges.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, tenacity, and fortitude.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple short and long-term projects of varying scopes with customers across the country.
- Vigorous written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort in delivering complex, constructive and diplomatic messages
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences both in person and over the phone
- Experience maintaining a positive relationship with clients and colleagues
- Exposure to and understanding of Agile and other technical project management methodologies is a plus.
- Curiosity about and commitment to technology, energy efficiency, and your potential.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.