Technical Support Representative
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI’s software platform is driving Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
We’re proud to be one of Built In Colorado’s top digital tech companies. At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
- Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
The Technical Support Representative interacts directly with customers and other FWI departments to resolve Tier 1 customer technical support cases. This role has significant impact on the customer experience with FWI. A successful Technical Support Representative exhibits strong communication and troubleshooting skills and works well in a team environment.
Our culture and workplace are very important, and we want FWI to be a place where talented, passionate people want to spend time making a difference.
The compensation package will be aligned to each candidate’s experience and qualifications. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Provide technical support to FWI customers to ensure the software and hardware perform correctly
- Accurately document all phone calls, emails, web and internal requests in support case notes
- Track and monitor the technical issue and the steps taken to resolve the issue to ensure a timely resolution
- Patiently interface with users of all experience levels
- Work with all departments and Tier levels to learn and understand FWI’s software, services and hardware
- Foster customer satisfaction through timely follow-up
- Work flexible hours, nights and weekends
- Pass customer-required background screenings
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for Success:
- Computer Science/Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of technical support or networking/systems management experience
- Proven ability to learn new software quickly for the purpose of supporting end users
- Demonstrated and quantifiable troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with ticket management systems
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve technical issues on Windows and Macintosh operating systems (experience configuring client systems, understanding of PC hardware to troubleshoot hardware failures remotely, File Management/Folder Structure, Registry Editing, NTFS (file sharing) Permissions, Group Policy)
- Experience with Networking (troubleshooting network failures, utilizing TCP/IP, ping, IP Addressing, Ports…FTP, SFTP, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, Windows File Sharing, Routing, VLAN's, Static Routes, Firewall knowledge, VPN Connectivity)
- Experience with Remote Support tools—Logmein.com, Gotomeeting.com, VNC, Dameware, and RDP
- Willingness to work night shifts
Helpful for Success:
- Experience with Windows Server 2003/2008 (Administration: Active directory, DNS, DHCP, Server roles)
- SQL/ MS SQL - Able to Create Users and Databases in SQL Management Studio
- Moderate knowledge of Scripting
- Experience with VMWare configuration and usage
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status