Why You Matter
An exceptional Technical Support Engineer (TSE) understands that while customers share many characteristics, each is unique and requires careful listening and critical thinking to triage and find the root cause of the issue at hand. Your success is measured by your ability to be an extension to our customers as well as your commitment to act with urgency, thoughtful responsiveness and the number of issues resolved.
Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security vendors. We are passionate. We have big goals. And we are looking for the best people to join us.
What You'll Do
- Be a trusted partner on product functionality for your customers and third-party vendors.
- Partner with Customer Success team to assess client needs, provide advanced troubleshooting and solutioning to ensure ongoing customer engagement.
- Communicate defects to the Engineering team and help test new releases.
- Maintain accurate account information to ensure seamless communication between internal teams regarding customer satisfaction.
- Be proactive in watching tickets enter the queue, juggle multiple priorities, communicate via multiple channels.
What skills will make you successful as a TSE at Red Canary:
- Have troubleshooting experience Linux and Windows environments, Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Wireshark), SSL decryption, Third-party agents
- A listener first, adept at working across internal and external teams with competing priorities.
- Understand how to prioritize and escalate customer issues to the appropriate internal team.
- Independent and self-sufficient, focused on the needs of your customers and genuinely excited about forging a path forward when none exists.
- Willing to push back on customers when in their best interest; comfortable with difficult conversations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with proven ability to initiate and manage relationships via phone.
- Strong experience in Linux command lines.
- Hands on experience with Carbon Black, Crowdstrike, and/or Endgame.
- Ability to deploy software (SCCM, JAMF, Batch).
Targeted base salary range: $85,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
Benefits at Red Canary
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security.
For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Read Full Job Description