Technical Specialist Senior - Autoclave at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technical Specialist Senior - Autoclave
This position is intended to provide cross-functional support across the Manufacturing Process Centers in Westminster. The primary assignment will be in the Autoclave work center; however, cross-training and flexing to the other work centers will be a core responsibility of this position.
What You'll Do:
- Autoclave Work Center:
- Ensure all quality criteria of jobs are met in the Autoclave lab, and the program schedule needs are met
- Work with Autoclave Lead, and Mfg Shops Supervisor to ensure lab is adequately staffed to meet business needs, and that staff is effectively trained
- Collaborate with the scheduling team to understand daily schedule; assign daily tasks to the team to execute this work.
- Primary POC for technical lab operations
- Ensure 6S routines are in place and effective for the lab
- Identify and help implement continuous improvement initiatives for the lab/department
- Interface with internal and external customers
- Collaborate with leads to effectively cross-train team in Autoclave
- Work with engineering to understand root cause and corrective action for hardware anomalies
- Maintain compliance with all requirements, including (but not limited to): EHS, NQA, material consumption; POC for lab audits (internal and external)
- Involvement in identifying and commissioning new capabilities
- Position requires strong attention to detail and compliance to industry, environmental, health and safety standards.
- Position requires ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints to determine bonding requirements
- Bag assemblies to prepare for autoclave bonding
- Operate autoclave vessels
- Unbag assemblies after bonding
- Lay-up assemblies and prepare for bagging operations
- Support other Manufacturing Shops and Service Centers, including but not limited to:
- Paint work center:
- Support preparation, application and cure operations associated with the application of environmental coatings on aerospace hardware.
- Printed Circuit (PC) work center:
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with the manufacture of Printed Antenna Boards (PAB's) and preparation of materials/products for subsequent bonding and painting operations. Handle, dispense, transport, mix and work with lab chemicals, hazardous materials and hazardous waste products.
- Adhesive Cutting Lab:
- Perform all tasks associated with preparing, cutting, packaging, and delivery of materials cut on the Zund or, Atom Flashcut machine (primarily film adhesives)
- Paint work center:
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 16 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 14 years or more related experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and build documentation for aerospace hardware and use electronic engineering and production databases. Must be able to organize and document various data inputs.
- Must be able to pass in-house certifications including personal protective equipment, hazardous waste, hazard communication, crane, and cleanroom practices.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with engineers, assemblers, technicians, customers and auditors.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Windows operating system, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Previous experience working on delicate or critical hardware and in cleanrooms or clean benches is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $37.74 - $51.20 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED