Technical Specialist Associate - Non-Destructive Test (NDT) at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Technical Specialist Associate – Non-Destructive Test (NDT)
Utilize NDT techniques and principles to evaluate product acceptability, validate hardware engineering designs, and consult on test results from Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA) and Failure Analysis (FA).
What You’ll Do:
- Work rotating shift.
- Work under our Level III NDT lead in the RT and PT areas performing NDT on various aerospace mechanical hardware, ground support equipment and electronic components for conformance to engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications; process standards and specifications.
- Provide NDT inspection of materials or articles in order to assure compliance to established requirements of ASTM E 1742 and ASTM E 1417.
- Maintain NDT equipment as needed.
- Perform visual weld inspections as an American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector (AWS-CWI).
- Perform in-process inspection duties when NDT activities are slow or in low demand.
- Apply/enforce/comprehend accept/reject criteria and revision status from engineering drawings, MIL-specs, screening specs, or process certification training.
- Obtain and maintain all certification process certifications required for assigned inspection tasks.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 10 or more years of related experience or a two-year technical degree with 8 or more years is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current/future certification to ASNT or ACCP Radiographic and Penetrant Testing and a current/future IRRSP Certification.
- Current/future certification as an AWS-CWI.
- Radiographic Inspection background in conventional aerospace x-ray radiography preferred; experience with Digital X-ray and Real Time X-ray systems, ideally North Star Imaging software and equipment preferred.
- Ability to work independently and conduct and maintain all the NDT facilities calibrations, evaluations, routine maintenance, and equipment certifications in absence of the NDT facilities Level III lead.
- Working level of understanding in Quality Control (QC) principles, tools (i.e., micrometers, calipers, etc.), and standards.
- Familiarity with basic computer usage for data entry and required employee interaction (i.e., email, timekeeping, inspection results).
- A demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $28.37 - $38.46 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.