Technical Chief of Staff at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Technical Chief of Staff to work collaboratively across the technology organization at Guild to drive discrete technical and analytical projects, team effectiveness and cohesion initiatives, as well as technology strategic alignment. This is a challenging role, with high expectations, at an exceptionally fast growing and high potential company... in other words, it is not for everyone.
As a Technical Chief of Staff, you will:
- Lead a portfolio of projects which turbocharge key technical initiatives and deliver impact for Guild (e.g. work on discrete proof of concepts by rolling up your sleeves to help us test and learn quickly, conduct in depth ad hoc analysis on key business areas, PM cross-functional technical workstreams)
- Continuously take the pulse of the tech & payments team and serve as a connector by surfacing people’s needs so they can get the resources they need to achieve their goals
- Set the agenda for technology and payments leadership and full team meetings to ensure leadership and the team are focusing on the right things for the business and are aligned on priorities.
- Implement new initiatives that will help increase the health, happiness, and productivity of the technology & payments team overall
- Serve as a bar raiser and initial interviewer with key technology and payments hires
In addition to partnering with Bijal, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Jess Rusin (SVP of Engineering), Josh Scott (President), & Mae Podesta (SVP Marketplace Operations & Payments)
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in a technical leadership role and a track record of standing out amongst an exceptional peer group
- Robust experience with translating business strategy into technical decision making and prioritization
- Proven experience planning and leading cross-functional initiatives
- Track record of drawing insights from and making decisions using data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with colleagues, senior-level clients and/or partners
- Desire to learn, grow, and evolve within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.