Systems Development Engineer
Recently acquired by Amazon Robotics, Canvas Technology is using spatial AI to provide end-to-end autonomous delivery of goods. By using state-of-the-art cameras and other sensors, the system perceives its surroundings with unrivaled vision and fidelity. The system combines a mix of high-performance sensors with simultaneous localization and mapping software that builds and continuously updates maps in real-time, completely automatically. It has the capability to ‘see’ and identify different objects, people, vehicles, and places as it moves and react to moving people and vehicles in an intelligent way.
We are looking for a Systems Development Engineer with a strong foundation in automation, monitoring, logging, and configuration management. We are building the next generation of our systems and infrastructure, and we happily embrace open source technologies to do so. You will have the opportunity to design and implement this new platform, but to also share your knowledge with others and execute across all of our lines of business. Partnering with internal and external engineering customers, you will help ensure seamless deployment and monitoring of our software and systems.
Who You Are:
You have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions and embedded Linux systems. You have experience working as a systems engineer in an enterprise environment, and have implemented automated solutions across a variety of platforms.
Quality is foremost on your mind, and test driven development is your starting point. You think about how to manage systems at scale and minimize configuration drift.
You’re knowledgeable. You love digging into new technologies and figuring out how to incorporate what they offer into your infrastructure.
You’re passionate about success. You obsess over how to help your customers do their job, not their computing environment. You understand different people have different needs to be productive, and strive to develop self-service oriented solutions. You have a passion for learning, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse set of customers.
· BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
· Experience with Linux Systems Administration
· Experience with AWS technologies or similar platforms
· Experience developing and supporting an operationally critical services
· Experience with IOT or other Embedded Linux systems.
· Proficient in Python or another appropriate programming language for automation of software deployment and monitoring.
· Experience in Hyper-V, AWS, or other virtualized environments
· Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions.
· Experience with SCCM, Chef, Puppet, or other configuration management platforms