System Administrator at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
Responsible for the implementation, performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems and supporting infrastructure. Serves as a technical resource in the area of infrastructure administration for complex operating environments. Recommends the configuration and operation of infrastructure hardware, system applications and/or networking. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of requirements and develops detailed specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides support in order to provide a high level of service to the customers in a global environment.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Administer and support complex environments including core infrastructure tools and technologies.
- Review monitoring, capacity and configuration management of complex technologies, ensuring acceptable performance and adherence to all defined service level agreements.
- Administer systems and/or networking in a large corporate environment with multiple global locations and 15k+ user base.
- Perform all duties within ITIL best practices guidelines for Incident, Change, Request, and Problem.
- Adhere to all security best practices, and governance and compliance laws such as HIPAA, SOX, GDPR, etc.
- Defines detailed specifications, in compliance with the operations architecture (which include infrastructure and security), to solve complex, business problems.
- Tunes the infrastructure operating environment parameters to ensure the efficient use of existing resources.
- Suggests improvements to optimize the current environment with tools for efficient turnaround.
- Performs hands-on administration tasks including installation of infrastructure management tools, configuration of technical environment, backup configuration and recovery.
- Demonstrates initiative in resolving problems, balancing conflicting requirements in partnership with others.
- Provides Tier 2 (infrastructure) support. Follows support escalation processes as defined.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and other necessary documentation.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field preferred.
- Job related experience for 3+ years minimum. 3+ years administration experience implementing solutions for complex infrastructure systems supporting business processes.
- Experience in driving technology solutions in a large corporate environment with multiple domains and 15k+ user base.
- Proven experience with hands-on infrastructure administration tasks including implementation of approved standard technologies, daily maintenance and support of production environments, automation of repeatable tasks, troubleshooting, post-mortem of critical incidents, and configuration/support of backup and recovery solutions.
- Proven focus in metrics-driven delivery: defining Service Level Agreements (SLAs), monitoring SLAs, enhancing environment to meet SLAs.
- Ability to participate with functional counterparts within the organization and through all stages of planning and development of program objectives; including directing and allocating the department’s resources, timing, etc., needed to assure program(s) completion.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 10
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans