Student Operations Specialist (Remote) at Guild Education
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Roles for The Beehive are all onsite in Denver. The Beehive is an Early Childhood Education Center for children of Guild Education Denver employees, located adjacent to our Denver offices.
Guild Education is hiring Student Operations Specialists to support our Student Operations teams. In particular, we are looking for individuals who have attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and the ability to be flexible in a constantly changing environment. The ability to communicate and effectively work cross-functionally with the team and leadership is also critical to being successful!
We have a few teams within our Student Operations Department:
As a Student Operations Specialist, Support, you will:
- Communicate with students through live chat, email, and incoming phone support. (Phone support coming end-of-year 2021)
- Support students who submit tickets via email and Zendesk and utilize chat to resolve their issues and connect them to the correct next steps
- Manage a volume of 20-60 student tickets per day while maintaining client service level standards and high quality of response
- Use various tools like ZenDesk (tickets and chat), Salesforce, and Looker to better engage with our students
As a Student Operations Specialist, Escalations, you will:
- Communicate with students and Guild employees through support tickets submitted via Zendesk
- Independently manage, track and triage an average of 50+ tickets daily
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners to further investigate and reach a resolution on escalated tickets
- Use tools like Zendesk, Salesforce, and Looker to fully investigate and resolve escalated tickets
As a Student Operations Specialist, Application Review and Transcripts (“ART”), you will:
- Support students and student-facing teams in a role primarily focused on reviewing students' applications for eligibility (program and employee), completeness (documents and self-reported information), and qualification within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeline of the employer or academic provider.
- Order transcripts on behalf of students, tracking takeaways to help improve the efficiency and overall success of this service.
- Be a subject matter expert (“SME”) in academic partners you will primarily work with, ensuring students are processed accurately, while also staying familiar with the schools you do not “own” in order to better support your teammates.
- Work autonomously and entirely behind the scenes (no direct interactions with students)
You are a strong fit for these roles if you have:
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 0-3 years experience in a customer service or operations role
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure
- Ability to understand the importance of data within your role
- Positive attitude while navigating a changing and ambiguous environment
- Drive to meet both internal and external deadlines, including partner specific Service Level Agreements
- Ability to synthesize and explain complex information in an easy to understand manner
- Familiarity with using multiple CRM tools (such as Zendesk, Salesforce, Five9, etc.)
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $45,000-$46,350, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.