Sr. IT Operations Manager
Senior IT Operations Manager
Arrow Electronics has an excellent opportunity for a Senior IT Operations Manager in our Englewood, CO location. This manager will responsible for management of the day to day activities to ensure stability and reliability of the Arrow Digital properties including continuous improvement in overall operation stability through process redesign, automation and containerized within Digital IT and with core IT; management of third party tools including cloud services; release coordination with core IT and Digital Delivery teams; and production support. This role will work closely to ensure the support of the solution delivery, development and testing teams for Digital.
The ideal candidate is someone that has experience managing small teams in an enterprise-level matrix management environment; ability to learn new skills and identify improvement opportunities; be result driven and have direct ecommerce experience. Global experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct supervision of Release Manager, DevOps manager, Production Support Manager and Tools engineer, building out global team as appropriate
- Maintain positive employee and peer relationships and nurture professional growth.
- Manage system projects related to Windows, Linux, storage, network, database, web and application support
- Support Digital Roadmaps for all Digital properties as it relates to release management, production support and coordination with core IT
- Ensure communication with other teams as well as to/from senior management and team members
- Manage the process, pipeline, tracking and reporting for the build, rebuild, and deploy of new / rebuild existing servers in cloud provider(s).
- Define standards for configuration in conjunction with development team and manage standards through to core IT
- Manage vendor relationships for Digital tools and negotiate contracts and renewals with tools engineer assistance
- Manage 24/7 support teams for order management issues and operations support for Digital front and back end systems in coordination with core IT incident management and other third party monitoring and support providers
- Respond to escalations 24/7 for application or systems issues requiring procedural guidance and business decisions
- Work with development managers to create long and short term infrastructure and automation strategies based on Digital executive team vision
- Ensure root cause analysis investigations for production issues and ensure follow-up actions for operations teams are rolled out
- Participate in weekly Performance Management reviews to ensure performance of the web properties is achieving targets; work with Performance team to identify issues and resolutions where applicable to achieve 3.5 second page load time.
- Remain current in understanding of cloud technologies and devops methodologies
- Liaison with the Arrow Core technical teams and build strong relationships
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field or relevant experience
- 8+ years of experience managing technical teams and growing an organization
- Enterprise level IT operations experience
- 2 – 3 years managing and coaching managers
- 2 – 3 years cloud experience (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- 5+ years experience in B2C and/or B2B ecommerce
- 5+ years experience with IT strategy and implementation
- 3 – 5 years Project management of internal team projects
- 3 – 5 years experience managing vendor relationships and contract negotiation
- Understanding current technical methodologies, software solutions, and architecture
- Experience with PCI and various Payment methods
- Experience managing n-tier application architecture and technologies (web servers, database servers, load balancers, etc.)
- Experience architecting and implementing high-availability server infrastructure
- Knowledge of configuration management and Infrastructure as code tools
- Experience with monitoring tools, database technologies, build/deployment tools
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Preparation
- Optimizing B2B & B2C Payment process with a focus on fraud reduction