Solution Architect (Oracle Financials/Supply Chain) at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
● The Oracle Enterprise Architect contributes to enterprise architecture by ensuring that common architecture decisions are implemented consistently across business and IT in order to support the business and IT strategy. They will also research, analyze, design, propose, and deliver IT architecture solutions that are optimal for the business and IT strategies in one or more domains. The Enterprise Architect provides integrated systems analysis and recommends appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. The Enterprise Architect is responsible for analyzing and incorporating where appropriate industry trends, and being familiar with enterprise standards and methodology. The role will also have familiarity with the enterprise infrastructure and applications, and will specialize in a particular domain.
● Contribute to the definition of conceptual and logical architecture specifications (e.g., data architecture, application architecture, technical architecture) for the enterprise.
● Interact with business strategists and comprehend design impact to systems and develop measurable business cases that support the Architecture.
● Serve as an architecture conduit for external requests and queries, and provide education on enterprise architecture directions and goals.
● Manage organizational impacts of architecture.
● Work with other architects on enterprise architectural efforts, utilizing cross-functional knowledge (strategy, change management and business process management).
● Analyze IT industry and market trends and determine potential impact upon enterprise as well as, identify and analyze enterprise business drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technical, and solution architecture requirements.
● Implement overall architecture approach for all layers of a solution.
● Ensure that enterprise architecture standards, policies, and procedures are enacted uniformly across application development projects and programs.
● Guides others in resolving complex issues in specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures
● Serves as an expert within own discipline
● Serves as a resource for best practices/quality on functional teams or projects
● Trains/mentors junior staff
Experience / Education
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a 4-year degree; or 8 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
- This role involves working with all lines of business, support staff, and technology areas to create technical solutions based on the existing standards and processes to meet the strategic needs of the business.
- Designs must be globally scalable and easily integrated with other businesses and IT processes.
- This role also documents the processes and technology artifacts required to depict the system design clearly.
- The Enterprise Architect provides integrated systems analysis and recommends appropriate hardware, software, and system design patterns required to support project goals and strategy. This may include education and communication of technical approaches to management, coordinating activities to facilitate solution alignment and coaching developers on implementation best practices and coding techniques.
- Enterprise architects help in creation of enterprise architecture repository and technology documentation standards. Define and lead the data governance processes. Ensure effective stakeholder engagement and communications. Produce key metrics that demonstrate measurable results/improvements. They cultivate a team culture centered on customer service, continual learning, employee growth and entrepreneurial thinking.
- The Oracle Enterprise Architect is an expert in multiple modules of Oracle Applications R12 including but not limited to Finance, GL, AP, AR and should understand Supply Chain.
- He/she is expected to understand the existing oracle solution and help the existing business in deriving maximum benefit and scale for newer business.
- The Enterprise Architect is responsible for analyzing and incorporating where appropriate industry trends in Hi Tech and electronic distribution industry, and being familiar with enterprise standards and methodology.