Software Support Engineer at Four Winds Interactive
The Software Support Engineer works closely with various internal teams and with the Development team to ensure that the software and hardware perform correctly for our customers, both during and post-implementation. This position will evaluate customer software, hardware, network and other infrastructure issues and work with internal teams to address and resolve issues. The Software Support Engineer will document and communicate thoroughly with all impacted parties. This position has a high degree of complexity and ownership to resolve the hardware and software issues that may arise. The Software Support Engineer will report to the QA Director and this position is not a management position.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. We encourage you to apply for a position with FWI even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements. We believe in fostering an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive.
- Act as top-level escalation point on support issues for key clients to the development team. This will include remote and onsite troubleshooting and management of resolution.
- Analyze complex software implementations with customized criteria tailored for the specific customer’s environment.
- Own resolution process of customer escalations including providing detailed project plans, timelines and updates. Will document and maintain associated records for internal use and tracking.
- Build and define escalation process for development team, implementing best practices and industry standards throughout the organization.
- Create and train on scalable work-flow system for existing and future team members.
- Create and document detailed solutions and workarounds to build a knowledge database that can be shared with other departments.
- Work cross-functionally with the Sales, Technical Sales, Services and Support organizations to ensure the success of the FWI solutions with our customers.
- Work with all departments and Tier levels to obtain fundamental understanding of the FWI’s software, services and hardware.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related technical degree, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of' work experience supporting complex enterprise software and networking/systems.
- 2+ years’ experience interfacing and preserving client relationships in SaaS environment
- Proven ability to learn new software quickly for the purpose of supporting end users
- Effective communication: ability to listen and understand customer issues and translate into actionable requirements
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage the escalation queue based on customer and business impact.
- Experience consulting with and training internal teams.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills to work with development, sales, implementation and support in a dynamic and innovative company environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows Server Infrastructure, associated networks, security issues and connectivity.
- Ability to troubleshoot operating systems including but not limited to Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Experience tracking and maintaining records within ticket management system(s).
- Thorough understanding of current industry network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Storage concepts and computing (such as AWS and Azure).
- Experience with SQL database, administration and maintenance.
- Experience working with of Group Policy and permissions to resolve and troubleshoot.
- Ability to learn, read and modify scripts used by our software to execute interactivity and play triggers.
- Proven involvement providing support via Remote Support tools—LogMeIn, Go2Mmeeting, VNC, Dameware, LabTech and RDP.
- Experience configuring and/or using VMWare.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Job Posting - Salary Range
Compensation Range: $68,000.00 - $85,000.00
About Four Winds Interactive
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI’s software platform is driving Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
We’re proud to be one of Built In Colorado’s top digital tech companies. At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
- Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.