Senior Voice Network Administrator - VOIP at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Senior Voice Network Administrator – VOIP
What You’ll Do:
- Administer the unified collaboration network infrastructure.
- Utilize expert knowledge of the following platforms to ensure stable operations throughout the enterprise:
- Unified Collaboration infrastructure including Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco CUBE session border controllers, and voice gateways.
- Video conferencing and IP-based voice and collaboration technologies including Cisco WebEx and Microsoft Teams.
- Unified Communications network protocols including SIP, RTP, and voice and video codecs – G.711, G.729, H.264, H.265.
- Network monitoring, troubleshooting, and reporting.
- Serve as the highest escalation point for collaboration related incidents.
- Assist in establishing and adhering to standard processes and documentation.
- Define and implement standards in accordance with industry best practices.
- Execute advanced troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives.
- Provide technical direction to other team members.
- Take a leadership role on new technology design and implementation.
- Create and execute detailed implementation plans for new and existing technical solutions.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Related Bachelor’s and 8 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 14 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Collaboration Infrastructure and Technologies including
- Cisco IP Phones
- Unity Connection
- Video Conferencing
- Experience with voice signaling and call control protocols.
- Experience with Cisco WebEx and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with both TSG and ViPer Phones.
- Experience with Emergency Responder.
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches.
- Experience with Azure and AWS preferred.
- Experience with Cisco ISE preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $108,500 - $149,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.