Senior Technical Systems Administrator at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Performs as the technical lead of the project, responsible for leading, managing, and coordinating the initiatives responsible for the technical delivery of business systems and associated enhancements. Provides planning, estimates, application development, documentation, and support leadership using technology best practices. Participates as a key individual contributor in the design and development of complex applications and is the expert in the technology selected. Writes detailed specifications, derives estimates, and assigns component development tasks to the team. Implements solutions in alignment with the enterprise architecture blueprint as well as the solutions architecture and ensures that application designs adhere to standards and policies. Ensures that all information technology investments are clearly aligned with the priorities of the business.
- Performs as the technical lead for the project. Provides leadership in the implementation and execution of technology solutions to complex business problems.
- Works closely with program managers, developers, and other functional groups to understand the program schedules and provide work break down estimates.
- Solves complex problems by taking a broad perspective to identify innovative technical solutions.
- Works with business analysts and solutions architect to determine technical feasibility.
- Generates technical specifications for the projects.
- Reviews software specifications.
- Performs requirements analysis.
- Develops and refines throw-away simulations or prototypes to confirm requirements.
- Leads Design reviews and enforce peer to peer review.
- Supports project management tasks, such as estimating and planning dependencies/risks.
- Implementation (e.g., installation, configuration, programming/customization, integration, data migration).
- Code reviews.
- Authoring documentation needed by users and implementation partners, etc.
- Performs testing, including defining/supporting acceptance testing and gathering feedback from pre-release testers. Writes and reviews test plans/strategies to ensure software quality.
- Participates in software release and post-release activities, including support for product launch (e.g., developing demonstrations and/or samples) and analysis for subsequent product build/release cycles.
- Participates as a key contributor in the design and hands-on development of complex applications.
- Leads the effort to make sure the proper level of documentation is created and reviewed according to the software development process guidelines.
- Responsible as a technical lead in the projects to deliver all related technical tasks in timely fashion.
- Manage team of developers , testers.
- Assists with application maintenance by analyzing, monitoring, and correcting complex software defects. Leads the efforts in resolution of production-line based technical issues.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Master's degree in relevant field preferred
- Job related experience for 7+ years minimum. 5+ years of team leadership. 5+ years of experience defining complex systems solutions with extensive hands-on programming experience.
- Expertise in Microsoft 365 and Azure
- Microsoft Exchange experience – preferred
- System Administration experience including Active Directory.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 86,500 - 132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 12
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more info https://www.ball.com/us_benefits
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans