At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Xero's Global Strategy team partners closely with Senior Executives across the company to lead critical strategic and operational initiatives across all areas of the business - from new market entry to new product development.
To support our growing pipeline of opportunities and choices, Xero is hiring a Senior Manager within the Global Strategy team to join a team focused on tackling some of the biggest questions facing the company globally. The decisions you and your team will help guide, will represent some of the most important decisions we make each year, shaping our ability to positively impact the lives of people in small business, their advisers and communities around the World.
What you'll do
- Be a key contributor to the ongoing definition and evolution of our corporate long-term strategy, including evaluating the changing landscape in which Xero operates, identifying the most attractive opportunities and ensuring Xero is positioned to win in the future
- Be a trusted and respected member of the Global strategy team and a key contributor in other cross-functional teams that require strategic support including Product, Platform, Technology and various Go-to-Market teams to explore, evaluate, and recommend strategies and tactics to support Xero's corporate priorities
- Help structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to develop recommendations on a wide range of business issues
- Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations
- Drive the development of insightful market sensing intelligence to identify key market and competitor trends and support strategic recommendations
- Develop and support the communication of recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional management and staff in a clear, concise and impactful way
- Support the creation of materials for the Board of Directors and Executive leadership to communicate our perspective on key market trends and strategic implications for Xero
- Assist the Regional EGM in managing the team operations including the allocation of team resources to the initiative pipeline
- Proactively contribute and share reusable assets that can be readily applied across the entire Global Strategy team that continue to make the team more efficient and effective
- Provide mentorship and direction to junior team members, building a collaborative and highly effective team
Success looks like
- A clear, well understood and embraced corporate strategy that helps Xero make the tradeoffs and choices it needs to fulfill its potential
- At the end of each year, a clear list of the many things you and the team have helped leader's across the business say "yes" to and more importantly, "no" to
- High quality thinking and decision making across the business - facilitated by the experience, tools and support of you and your team
- Achievement of our strategic goals - spanning customer NPS to revenue growth targets
- Well regarded member of a high performing team
What you'll bring with you - Experience
- 5 - 8 years of experience in Strategy or Operational roles
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution
- Experience in running strategic projects and managing resource to deliver insightful recommendations that have been implemented and delivered true benefit to the business
- Extensive experience in teams performing complex cross-enterprise projects with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels (e.g. long-term strategy, internal consulting engagements, and projects that lend a strategic perspective to immediate business opportunities)
- Demonstrated success in past roles helping teams develop, priorities and execute choices that led to winning in their chosen domain
- Understanding of the SaaS and/or accounting and professional service industry, preferred
What you'll bring with you - Critical Competencies
- Strategic toolkit
- Ability to contribute to all areas of strategy formulation and execution - equally comfortable taking the lead on projects and delivering key workstreams, which includes:
- Diagnosing the strategic question(s)
- Developing strategic hypothesis and identifying the associated analysis required
- Developing and structuring end-to-end project plans; demonstrating a commercial understanding of effort versus impact
- Breaking down work plans appropriately and distributing to project teams (including cross-functional teams)
- Performing and reviewing complex analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Demonstrating a solid understanding of strategic frameworks - for unfamiliar methodologies can grasp quickly
- Contributing to the development and delivery of workshops
- Innate ability to think logically with a keen interest in problem solving and willingness to apply to any business problem or opportunity
- Clearly demonstrates the appetite to continuously build upon an already established strategic foundation
- Passion for exploring and understanding new technologies, business models, and their potential impact on the competitive
Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. otal compensation for this role includes a base salary of $140,000 - $160,000, commensurate with experience, plus an annual grant of Xero shares, calculated as a percentage of base salary.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees also have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 12 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at up to 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Please note that we currently require all employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine if any reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely whilst the restriction is in place..