Outrider is a software company that is automating distribution yards with electric, self-driving trucks. Our system eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive while it improves safety and efficiency. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation. We are a private company founded in 2018 and backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. Our customers are Fortune 200 companies and our autonomous trucks are already running in distribution yards. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
We are looking for an ML/Deep Learning engineering manager that is able to lead the deep learning perception team. You will have the opportunity of making a large impact as deep learning is a key component for the Outrider robot and a strategic bet for scaling our operations.
You will work with a great engineering team that is highly motivated to make this a reality and a leadership that is laser-focused on a product.
Duties & responsibilities
- You will own the deep learning modeling team, stack and strategy. You will have the opportunity to have huge impact on the autonomy stack:
- Help build a strong deep learning team
- Build and execute a vision for the deep learning modeling team, projects strategy and tactic
- Provide technical guidance to the team with respect to deep learning models
- Communicate and distill to the leadership/board progress and needs
- Bachelor/Master in CS or equivalent
- Three years of engineering experience in machine learning as a manager, senior engineer, or architect
- Familiar with Python, DL stack
- Familiar with recent deep learning practice and research
- Able to define projects and clear objectives for the team
- Excellent communication and proactivity: let's get things done!
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $185,000 - $235,000+ (based on location and experience)
- For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.