Senior Director, Growth at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the Role
Angi is seeking to fill a key role in its newly formed Category Management team. Angi’s leadership launched this team to ensure we develop targeted strategies, tailored product, and optimized operations to address the unique needs of Homeowners and Service Professionals we serve – all in the strong belief that this is necessary to unlock and further accelerate the company’s growth.
The Senior Director will own the P&L for new initiatives and products that aim to help Homeowners through the journey of buying home products or remodeling a room or home. This is a unique opportunity to own the performance of an integral part of our overall business, from early testing to build and scale. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering the metrics of your initiative, meeting and exceeding revenue and profit targets. You will own the strategy, partnering cross-functionally (across Sales, Marketing, Ops, Product etc.) in order to lead its execution. You will be expected to know your business inside out, including Service Pro and customers, and be an advocate for it with senior leadership and throughout the organization.
We are looking for a highly analytical leader and team player with previous experience launching and scaling a new initiative in a product-forward company (ideally a marketplace).
What You’ll Be Doing
- Driving the strategy for a high-growth Initiative. You will work closely with product and other teams to design, test and scale a new initiative, tracking metrics and user feedback to continuously optimize the proposition in the market.
- Managing the initiative’s P&L. You will be responsible for delivering the monthly and annual goals, and for continuously evaluating opportunities to improve conversion, margin, and overall profitability of your domain.
- Analyzing, measuring and reporting impact. Test hypotheses quickly! Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to identify opportunities. You’ll constantly be looking at (and improving) your metrics.
- Collaborating with internal and external teams. You will have to work closely with people in the product marketing, operations and CX, as well as teams at our sister brands, to succeed.
What we're looking for
- 10+ years of professional experience with evidence of increasing responsibility, ideally in a marketplace company
- Prior experience as a Business owner of a new initiative in a product-driven tech or eCommerce company, with a track record from launch to scale
- Tactical experience designing, building and executing scalable products and processes from scratch, ideally in an operations-intensive environment. Willing to dig in and do what it takes to make sure the business succeeds
- Exceptional strategic thinking and creative problem solving. Past consulting experience is a plus
- Significant exposure to digital marketing and P&L ownership strongly preferred
- Prior small company or start-up experience preferred
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude. Deep knowledge of Excel and familiarity with databases and SQL
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Humble and effective cross-functional team player with great leadership potential
- Prior experience managing a (small) team is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in an analytical field
- MBA not required, but preferred
- A passion for the home services industry and where it is headed
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $170,000 - $230,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world