SE Storage Infrast Architect
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
NetApp is looking for a Storage Infrastructure Architect to join the Office Technology and Strategy as a Deputy CTO in the Americas. The SIA will focus on architectures that produce business-driven outcomes with key responsibilities that include proposing new technology and platform roadmaps to satisfy business opportunities, understand and influence customers business capability roadmap, work with business partners to align NetApp solutions to customer requirements. The SIA will develop and maintain C level relationships and will be used as the catalyst for creating new opportunities and leading those opportunities to closure.
The SIA primarily provides pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation.
- Support field sales business opportunities for Americas Enterprise Accounts in Mountain region of the United States.
- Accountable for developing systems application strategies, roadmaps, and actionable reference architectures relevant to the focus area, to best enable business capabilities needed to achieve long term business strategy.
- Collaborate with business, service managers, and other enterprise architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on application architecture.
- Work closely with other Solution and Domain architects, as well as IT and business stakeholders to develop as-is & target-state application & technology architectures and roadmaps that guide our choices on business-technology investments.
- Provide oversight and architectural guidance during solution design and delivery phases for complex enterprise projects, in alignment with reference architectures & business strategies.
- Travel as appropriate to address customers’ needs
- Create and cultivate relationships with product engineering to assist with customer feature requests
- 10+ years within Information Technology with a concentration on Systems or Storage Architecture.
- 5+ years of relevant architecture experience or certifications
- 5+ years of systems integration and/or implementation experience
- PhD/MS Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
- Experience in a broad range of IT systems required
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.