We are seeking folks who are passionate about fighting fraud while delivering a world-class customer experience. As a Fraud Prevention and Investigation Specialist, you will act as fraud-fighting detective and be responsible for helping to make Gusto the safest and most secure payroll solution.
Risk Operations is at the core of our business and our team is a key stakeholder in company decisions and operations. We currently process +$10bn of payroll annually, but with your help, we will process more in a safe and sustainable way. We are a small, close, fun group that works hard and laughs a lot. No egos here — we collaborate and help each other out in a positive environment.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Hunt fraudsters. You are our internal police force - prevent the bad guys from abusing our system by reviewing, monitoring and investigating new accounts and suspicious activity.
- Solve puzzles. Fraud is a complicated puzzle to solve. Come up with innovative methods to identify trends, patterns, and ultimately, catch the bad guys. Who doesn’t love a good caper?
- Operate cutting-edge tools. Scope and drive continual enhancements to our systems and processes to identify and eliminate fraudulent activity.
- Work closely with key stakeholders. Work cross-functionally with internal teams, our customers, and external partners (including banks, law enforcement, etc.)
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience. 0-1 year of work experience. We're looking for someone who is eager to learn.
- Thought Process. An insatiable appetite for problem solving, knack for structured thinking, ability to spot unusual patterns, and sharp attention to detail.
- Values. Driven by a strong moral compass, is objective yet compassionate, and does the right thing every time.
- Discipline. Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously. Is extremely process and policy oriented.
- Attitude. Goal-oriented, positive, and proactive. Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment. Communicates well with others.
- Background. Minimum four year accredited university/college degree.
Brownie points for:
- Professional certifications (CFE)
- Payroll industry experience
- Professional Tech experience
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.