RF Range Technician II - 2nd Shift at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
RF Range Technician II – 2nd Shift
What You’ll Do:
- Work 2nd shift from 2pm to 10pm Monday thru Friday with a 7% pay differential.
- Production responsibilities include:
- Configure the Range for RF operation.
- Utilize overhead cranes to move heavy / large tooling and equipment.
- Install and assemble defined Range test tooling.
- Set-up and calibrate the Range for test execution per documented procedure, specification or standard.
- Install and connect antennas to be tested.
- Execute RF tests per documented procedure.
- Process and plot required Range data files as defined.
- Sign-off on test operations certifying that tests have been conducted as specified in the product acceptance test procedure.
- Utilize paper or electronic formats to maintain required process logs, records and reports in accordance with BATC policies and government regulation.
- Use internal electronic scheduling system to tear-down and set-up for the next scheduled test.
- Initiate emergency procedures in case of power failure; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- Initiate and sustain process improvement activities to increase process efficiency and reduce risks to hardware or data quality.
- Execute equipment and system maintenance activities.
- Support prototype / development RF testing. Responsibilities include:
- Set-up of Range and execution of special tests with minimal engineering oversight, direction or documentation.
- Conduct tests; monitor, analyze, reduce and record data; and perform mathematical calculations.
- Will also be expected to support the Range in a more operational role, including performance of preventive maintenance and some Range maintenance tasks.
- May be required to read / document schematic diagrams.
- Troubleshoot circuits to the component level.
- Assemble electronic circuits and perform cause and affect analysis.
- Work as a team member with other Range technicians, as well as Range, Manufacturing and Test engineering.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to work 2nd shift.
- Ability to lift 45 lbs. occasionally.
- A current, active secret security clearance.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and feel completely comfortable with computer systems and various software applications.
- Electro-mechanical background preferred.
- A demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Monetary incentives may be available for candidates with an active DoD Secret clearance and a commitment to work 2nd or 3rd shift for a minimum of 12 months. More information and eligibility requirements may be provided if selected for an interview.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available / not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.71 - $26.44 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.