Remote Ground Stations Infrastructure Engineer
Please review the job details below.
The Remote Ground Station Infrastructure Engineer is a member of the Remote Ground Station (RGS) team that supports a worldwide network of satellite ground stations. The Remote Ground Station Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for operations, engineering, and support for DigitalGlobe and customer ground stations. The Remote Ground Station Infrastructure Engineer will collaborate with a multidiscipline team to ensure that the stations operate at a high level of performance and availability.
- Perform installation and maintenance of IP networking infrastructure and computer systems
- Engineer system and networking solutions for customer requirements
- Assess system security posture and recommend solutions to enhance overall security
- Support the installation and maintenance of a range of ground station technologies, including antennas and radios
- Utilize project and problem management solutions to ensure initiatives are properly tracked and implemented
- Perform troubleshooting and execute repairs of reported issues with DigitalGlobe or customer ground stations
- Communicate with internal and external customers regarding recommended actions for reported issues
- Utilize and maintain monitoring tools. Perform ongoing assessments of the most effective means to gather operational metrics for insight into performance
- Ensure documentation is created, assembled, and organized for DigitalGlobe and customer ground stations
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with IP networking concepts and Linux system administration
- U.S. Citizen with a current DoD Clearance (Secret) or the ability to obtain one
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with computer systems, including Microsoft Windows and Linux OS environments
- Experience with the Microsoft applications, including Visio and Word
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the year
- Routinely requires lifting equipment weighing up to 23 kg.
- Familiarity with satellite ground station operations
- Bachelor degree in engineering, aerospace, computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with TCP/IP routing protocols (OSPF/BGP)
- Experience in administering VPN and related technologies
- Experience with system administration of commercial Linux environments (RHEL, CentOS, SuSE)
- Experience administering highly available storage systems
- Experience in administering a virtualization environment
- Familiarity with satellite ground stations and associated equipment
DigitalGlobe offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.