Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Property Administrator II (PCC)
Perform property administration functions involving broad technical requirements and policy conformance decisions. Administer property control program activities to ensure continual accountability of company, government, or associate contractor property and assets in accordance with applicable corporate policy or government regulations.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform property management duties to ensure Ball Aerospace's compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and existing policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance, train, and interface with programs to ensure understanding of contractual and Ball Aerospace procedural requirements pertaining to Government property management and accountability.
- Provide input into the development, recommendation, and implementation of property administration policy. Write new policies and procedures and review and modify existing policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Analyze and troubleshoot all property issues through resolution.
- Provide guidance and training on company policy and government regulations pertaining to property management and accountability to junior team members, project personnel, and programs as needed.
- Coordinate the acquisition of government and/or customer property to ensure property is contractually authorized and required approvals and screening documentation are completed as appropriate.
- Review contracts, as appropriate, in order to determine required flow downs and other pertinent property data specific to programs and to determine that Ball Aerospace's property control system and procedures are adequate to fulfill contractual requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate all external and internal property audits including coordination with affected company management and personnel.
- Interface with the Government Property Administrator (Government Position) during property management audits. Investigate and respond to Corrective Action Requests and follow up with functional departments as necessary.
- Implement, perform property management self-assessments, including developing necessary metrics and performance standards. Report results to Government Property Administrator and develop and implement corrective action plan as necessary.
- As necessary, coordinate with internal and external customers and/or Customer/Government agencies to clarify property accountability requirements and contractual requirements.
- Ensure all property has been identified and is being utilized properly in alignment with contractual requirements.
- Create and maintain contractually required property accountability records and back up audit trail documentation to support property outcomes.
- Meet with programs and develop appropriate closeout plans to plant clear surplus Customer/Government property. Coordinate all disposal activities of surplus property.
- Arrange disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment.
- Ensure all transfers of property are approved and documented appropriately. Provide property management guidance and ensure compliance regarding property accountability transfer between contracts.
- Perform final review to determine that disposition of all property has been accomplished, properly documented and recorded on the official records.
- Perform property subcontract oversight responsibilities including risk mitigation and monitoring plans. Create and manage files, provide oversight and direction to ensure Ball Aerospace suppliers are managing Ball Aerospace or Customer/Government property in their possession appropriately. Perform property audits at subcontractor sites as appropriate.
- Prepare reports concerning the status, allocation, utilization, progress, excess, and other related issues concerning property. These can include, but are not limited to, periodic and special purpose reports, metric reports, physical inventory reports, Loss, Damage, Destruction and Theft Reports, and Financial reports.
- Conduct investigations pertaining to contractor's liability when Government property is lost, damaged, or destroyed, or when there is evidence of unreasonable use or consumption.
- Plan, perform, and coordinate property physical inventories as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA plus 3 or more years of property administration experience. CPPS/CPPA preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to solve routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures.
- Ability to relate well with other people and serve well as a team member.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $59,000 - $80,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.