What if you could support solutions that are changing the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
RingCentral Global Service and Support is all about the customer—devoted to making sure every customer’s need is met, and that they’re able to use our products effectively and easily.
As a member of the Global Service and Support team you’ll lead the post-sale experience for our customers. As our customers’ central point of contact, you’ll champion their needs, share deep product knowledge, provide innovative solutions, and build relationships that show our customers what “winning together” truly means.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The Number Transfer Specialist position is part of a team that is responsible for the overall service delivery of voice and number porting to customers (new and existing) from the time the order is received to order completion. In addition, the Number Transfer Specialist directive is focused on providing quality customer service experience, timely product delivery, strong task management skills and the ability to identify problems and provide constructive resolution.
- Creates and processes local service requests (LSR).
- Coordinates and monitors order progress with Local Exchange Carriers (LEC) and Interexchange Carriers (IXC).
- Processes orders using Carrier Portals and Internal databases.
- Coordinates order activities within internal departments, carriers, End-Users, and/or Vendors.
- Act as a porting project manager when requested.
- Creates and processes all new ports & installs for new or existing customers accurately and timely.
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy, provisioning and tracking orders from implementation/delivery to billing.
- Responsible for handling local number porting escalations by facilitating close and frequent customer communication and escalating with underlying carriers
- Responsible for coordinating with internal resources across multiple global locations regarding RingCentral Global Office cases for large, strategic global customers
- Responsible for handling project ports and holding the role of Porting Specialist for core Professional Services projects, closely updating the project manager and customer on porting updates for multiple global locations throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Initiate and maintain regular communications with customers and vendor to review and verify the order, review required information to provide services requested, schedule/coordinate service installation and communicate milestone dates with Customer and/or Vendor.
- Follow standard due date guidelines for each underlying service provider.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects and cases.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manage day to day order process to ensure completion within established intervals.
- Perform data validation and entry as required.
- Develop and maintain liaison relationships both internal and external to the
- Practical knowledge of industry guidelines and practices for LNP CSR's and LSR's.
- Closely monitor porting lead times to ensure optimal port turnaround time
- Experience in dealing with Incumbent Local Exchange Companies (ILEC) for service as well as escalation procedures.
- The ability to escalate LNP Port In’s
- Work closely with assigned project manager to ensure installs are properly handled.
- Troubleshooting with the Vendor for service impacting issues.
- Resolve assigned customer ticket issues.
- Ensure supplemental request are properly handled internally and externally.
- Customer Service, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Documentation Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Resolving Conflict, Analyzing Information, Multi- tasking, Critical Thinking, Pro-Active, Time Management, Organized, Troubleshooting skills.
- Able to read and interpret CSRs and LOA information from various carriers.
- Ability to use a personal computer and basic software applications; for example, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of Management both internal and external regarding porting.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Two- or four-year college degree (preferred, not required)
- 5+ years of telecommunication porting/provisioning related experience and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to escalate to 2nd level with carriers and follow-up for issue resolution.
- Attention to detail.
- Prior experience in provisioning LSR’s & LNP orders
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.