About the Team and How You Fit In:
Reserve Trust is the first fintech trust company with a Federal Reserve master account. We provide B2B payments services that financial institutions and fintech’s have previously only been able to obtain from correspondent and sponsor banks. Unconstrained by legacy banking systems, the company is actively building new services, APIs, and payment rails to support embedded and real time payments for any fintech service or software platform. Headquartered in Colorado, the company is backed by some of the world’s best financial technology investors including QED and Fintech Collective.
Our Company Values:
Trust, Curiosity, Drive and Collaboration
Our Company Culture:
As a member of the Reserve Trust team, you are expected to contribute your talents and energies to conducting our business and improving the culture and quality of Reserve Trust. We value teamwork and collaboration within your department and cross functionally. We encourage knowledge sharing and challenging the norm. We value each other thru active appreciation and recognition. Bring your best practices to the table to help us build a world class, leading payments platform that continuously pushes the envelope in customer service. We want you to be the best version of yourself with us!
To be successful in this role, you must have demonstrated hands-on experience supervising payment operations teams to execute domestic and international payments, including FedWire, SWIFT, and ACH, as well as a proven ability to resolve payment issues for customers and other financial institutions while complying with all processes and procedures. As part of the Payment Operations team of Reserve Trust, you’ll play a critical role in driving the day-to-day execution of our core business.
This role reports to the Payment Operations Manager. You’ll work cross-functionally, driving the execution of your responsibilities in a manner that meets or exceeds our requirements, as well as best practices. As part of an early-stage company, you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, collaborating closely with intelligent, talented and driven people.
What You’ll Do:
Manage a high-performance team of B2B Payment Associates and Payment Specialists
· Ensure efficient, timely, accurate, and compliant execution of domestic and international payments for our global customer base
· Manage and monitor team capacity & production schedule to ensure consistent execution against productivity goals across daily/weekly/monthly time horizons
· Troubleshoot and resolve processing and system issues, as well as customer escalations
· Monitor transaction and exception queues, review and approve transactions for release
· Manage payment operations ticketing queue, assign tickets to team members, ensure resolution within committed SLA windows
· On exceptionally high-volume days, assist team with production activities to hit daily performance objectives
Drive continuous operational improvement. Maintain policy & procedure compliance.
· Conduct ongoing performance & quality audits to verify team compliance with all operational policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations
· Identify and document methods to improve team productivity and operational efficiency
· Collaborate with Customer Success to support the onboarding of new customers
· Work cross functionally to ensure smooth rollout of product/service updates and implementations that might impact Payment Operations
· Proactively identify problems and/or process inefficiencies within Payment Operations, perform root cause analysis, and make solution recommendations
Foster growth, development and training of Payment Operations Specialists & Associates
· Train, coach, and develop payment operations team members
· Encourage team members to identify improvement opportunities
· Assist with screening, interviewing and making hiring decisions for new team members
· Support the development, delivery & refinement of training programs (both new hire & ongoing) that foster deep understanding of the payment operations team processes and procedures
· 7+ years of payment operations supervisory experience in financial services focusing on domestic and international payments. Specific experience in a start up organization in this capacity is a plus
· Exceptional knowledge and experience with FedWire, SWIFT and ACH
· Demonstrated excellence in people management skills, analytical thinking, problem solving, communication, delegation and planning
· Ability to work cross-functionally to resolve issues and identify operational efficiencies
· College degree (BA) or comparable work experience
· Proven track record of supervising teams that consistently meet and exceed production and quality expectations
· Excellent time management and work prioritization skills
· A flexible mindset and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment – as a startup, we’re growing quickly and must adapt to changing policies and procedures while maintaining high-quality work output
· Advanced communication and people management skills
· Work planning and delegation
· Problem solving and analytical thinking
· Detail orientation, while always keeping the big picture in mind, to make the best decisions
· Drives for team results
· Risk minded (thinking through second and third order consequences) to make day-to-day operational and team decisions
· Calm under pressure with demonstrated resiliency
· Exhibits resourcefulness
· Organization and time management skills
What Reserve Trust Offers:
· Competitive Salaries
· Stock Options
· 401(k) with company contribution
· Excellent No-Cost and Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans for employees and dependents
· Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
· FSA and HSA Plans
· Flexible PTO
· Home office stipend
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $65,000 – 80,000. Reserve Trust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
The Reserve Trust Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status.
The Reserve Trust Company is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Read Full Job Description