Patient Collections Specialist at SonderMind
As a Patient Collection Specialist, you will be responsible for all patient collections starting with ensuring client credit card charges are successful, to outreaching clients with outstanding balances. You will make an impact through ensuring that balances are being collected, providers are being paid, and clients are being charged and refunded in a timely and ever-improving manner.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate you have strong attention to detail and are able to meet deadlines. You are motivated to ensure outstanding balances are being collected, providers are being paid, clients are being charged and refunded in a timely manner. You enjoy being presented with challenges, are solutions-oriented, and are excited to work with a highly collaborative team.
What You'll Do
- Own the full patient collection cycle
- Communicate directly with clients in regard to outstanding balances, verify balances owed are accurate; dive into rescheduling failed patient charges, upload clients to an outside collection vendor
- Positively impact accounts receivable collection improvements through patient collection efforts
- Identify and suggest improvements in revenue workflow efficiency
- Knowledge of insurance plans and contractual arrangements affecting payments
- 1+ years of direct customer service in the healthcare industry or related field
- Demonstrated accounts receivable experience in patient collections
- Comfort and interest in working in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment
Nice to Have
- Demonstrated success in revenue-cycle innovation
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Self-motivated and driven
- Expert Excel skills
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, non-exempt position
- Pay range starting at $18.00/hr
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- Full employee benefits package
- Employee stock option purchase plan
- Variable performance-based bonus incentives
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy with 18+ days accrued PTO per year; flexible work-from-home policy (NOTE: company is fully remote during COVID pandemic)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.