Operations Lead, New Venture at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About FIS Impact Labs:
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications. The innovation & incubation team has launched an innovative new product product aimed to drastically improve eCommerce experiences for merchants and consumers.
Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. You will be able to scale a first in class product leveraging FIS assets and capabilities to drive significant value for the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape. Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
What you will be doing:
We are looking for an exceptional Venture Operations Lead to join us in Denver, CO as we build and scale an innovative new fintech venture by enabling the broader venture team to better execute on its mission.
Working hand in hand and reporting directly to the Head of Strategy & Operations for the Venture, this high visibility role is focused on owning and supporting ad-hoc strategic initiatives, building and implementing new business and operational programs, thought partnering with leaders of our teams to improve their impact, managing day-to-day operational needs, and designing and managing team KPIs. You will become a trusted advisor to senior leaders across Strategy, Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales as you design and support high impact cross-functional initiatives that are critical to establishing our position as an industry leader and ensuring our ability to deliver best-in-class innovations to our customers and partners.
We are looking for someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment and is interested in building and scaling with a new team. You excel at building cross-functional relationships to achieve desired outcomes. You enjoy the balance between developing a strategy and operationalizing it. You are a self-starter that enjoys the autonomy to act on opportunities when you see them. You have a passion for innovation and disruption. You are serially curious and obsessed with continuous learning.
- Own and support ad-hoc strategic projects as needed, e.g., researching innovative strategies and developing a playbook for our team to follow, analyzing our existing operational processes and creating strategies to improve efficiencies and expand impact, developing Go-to-market playbooks
- Lead retrospective workshops with teams to understand areas for improvement in the next evolution of our programs, document those learnings, and operationalize them for ongoing use
- Design and manage team KPIs for reporting to executive stakeholders
- Work directly with senior leadership to design and operationalize high-impact initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of the payments industry and our competitive landscape to become a trusted advisor to senior leaders
- Support the sourcing of strategic partnership opportunities
- Support day-to-day operational needs of the venture, including budgeting and forecasting, product analytics, and sales goals
- Manage venture reporting needs, including team meetings, external / internal business communications, and executive / c-suite updates
- Experience building and implementing business strategies from scratch
- Track record of building strong relationships cross-functionally
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to wear multiple hats to get the job done
- Experience managing projects with diverse stakeholders and driving teams to consensus
- Deep expertise in data-driven analysis
- Exceptional executive presence and communication skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
- History of delivering high-quality results
Nice to have
- At least two years of experience with a top-tier management consulting firm
- Entrepreneurial track record; we want builders!
- Prior experience with high growth start-ups
- Experience in the fintech and / or payments industries
What we offer you
- A driven, creative, and multi-talented group of colleagues who are extraordinary passionate about their role in shaping the future of fintech and driving cultural transformation at FIS
- A high-visibility, high-impact role
- Ownership of your role and responsibilities, impact on an innovative culture
- Work closely with teams that are creating solutions for some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on trust, accountability, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness and respect
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$107,610-180,790
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.