Office Manager at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking an Office Manager to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
As a key squad member, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of Uplight’s Boulder office. As the Office Manager, you will be responsible for managing the relationship between property managers, facility maintenance teams, and other external vendors. You will ensure employees have what they need to be engaged and successful at the Boulder location. In addition, you will be the face of Uplight’s Boulder office (Uplight’s headquarters) welcoming and greeting guests, ensuring employees, vendors and guests have secure access to the office and ensuring the overall security of the facility, following our SCO2 control requirements.
What you get to do:
- Manage all internal and external vendor relationships
- Ensure SOC2 workplace controls are performed with accuracy and diligence
- Onboard and Offboard Colorado employees and contractors
- Purchase groceries, supplies and other items for employees or the facilities as needed for the Boulder office
- Maintain a professional and clean office environment
- Welcome and greet new employees, visitors, and other guests
- Prioritize and quickly carry out office help requests throughout the day
- Oversee the office culture and assist with culture and engagement projects and events
- Facilities security management, including issuing employee and visitor badges, ensuring a safe and secure office environment
- Manage and schedule meetings as needed
- Provide occasional administrative assistance as needed
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- You are a passionate go-getter that believes no task is too small
- You enjoy hands on work that requires juggling multiple tasks at one time
- You are a master prioritizer, who is always up for exciting new challenges
- You can carry yourself with maturity and professionalism while getting your job done
- You enjoy taking care of others and make yourself approachable and available to employees
- You bring positive energy to the office and to those around you
- You are an expert communicator, written and verbal and you are comfortable on the phone
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field with 3-5 years’ experience or have a similar combination of education and experience
- You can travel within the Boulder community to run errands and occasionally travel to the future Denver office location
- You can work both at a desk and on your feet throughout the day, as well as lift a minimum of 10 pounds comfortably
- Experience assisting with clerical and accounting tasks such as expense reports
- Experience mentoring other team members
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.