Network Engineer at Alteryx, Inc.
We are looking for a dynamic and service-oriented individual to join us in a Network Engineer Role. This position will own our internal network infrastructure, network support function and assist with ongoing security and compliance activities. The position is hands-on but broad reaching.
If you are scrappy and no work is too small for you, yet you can think big and support the infrastructure for our team as we scale, this job is for you.
As the technical expert this position would be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, performance tuning, change management, and recovery procedures for our mission critical enterprise networks. Identifies solutions, and provides project leadership in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department. Mentors other team members to encourage personal and team growth.
- Promotes our Customer Centric approach: working to be a part of our customer's solutions.
- Network design, implementation, and maintenance. Upgrades networks by coordinating with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Support 24x7 operations environment (ability to support off-hours, weekends, and holidays as needed).
- Identify opportunities for automation, and assist with the development of automation systems to address those opportunities.
- Participation with research, planning, scoping, implementation and ongoing support for projects.
- Creates and maintains detailed and complete network documentation
- Utilize ticket tracking system to document all support incidents.
- Assist with system monitoring, reviewing logs, and verifying completion of scheduled tasks.
- Participation with maintaining inventory of hardware, software and support assets.
- Participation in racking, cabling, and labeling of infrastructure.
- Provide Windows Server OS installation, administration, and maintenance as needed.
- Strong background in Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Switching, Routing, MPLS, BGP, OSPF).
- Active CCNA or CCNA Routing and Switching.
- A strong desire to work with new technology.
- Capability to self-motivate, work independently and taking ownership of job responsibilities with minimal oversight.
- On-point, genuine interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated Customer Service & Troubleshooting skill sets.
- The ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and remain calm under pressure.
- Experience working with multi-tiered ticket handling/resolution systems.
- Experience working with vendors to implement network upgrades and resolve issues.
- Strong background in VoIP technology.
- At least 3 years of documented Network Administration Experience.
Our technical environment consists of:
- Palo Alto Networks
- Arista Networks
- DELL Networking
- Unified Communications
- Enterprise level Wi-Fi Solutions
Windows Server including;
- Active Directory
- Group Policy Management
- Windows Server Update Services
- Windows Deployment Services
- Windows File Services (DFS)
- Microsoft Terminal Services
- NTFS Permissions
- Event Logging