Member Support Specialist - Incidentals at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
Our Member Support Team is growing and looking for customer service gurus with a dash of investigative flair. You are passionate about resolving issues and making sure that our books are balanced at the end of the day. The claims and disputes team is a group of service minded employees also enjoys accounting mysteries – from uncovering random charges to negotiating with suppliers on a final resolution in regards to billing disputes.
This particular role is hyper focused on our incidental program we offer to our members. Your main priority will be reconciling incidental cases with hotels and our members. This means that you will work through all incidental cases, from calling hotels to get folios to completing billing information to completing case work in order to appropriately bill our members. Our company is quickly growing, and therefore we are looking for an individual who wants to continually elevate the overall productivity, skills and development of our teammates while highlighting and implementing opportunities for efficiency gains.
Here's what you'll do:
- Reconciling incidental cases with hotels and our members. This means that your main focus is working though incidental cases, from calling hotels to get folios to completing billing information to completing case work in order to appropriately bill our members. This will consist of 80% of your overall work.
- Collaborate with our suppliers and internal teams to resolve billing disputes
- Assist in reconciling overcharges and miscellaneous discrepancies that come in via email and phone from our suppliers
- Be a sleuth – you have to investigate various anomalies in our billing department to see what happened and create a positive outcome
- Communicate solutions internally and externally to resolve issues
- Be meticulous about details. Our team requires accurate reporting and communication documentation to ensure positive resolutions, and therefore we require details notes on all interactions in regards to cases.
- Work with credit card companies in regards to credit card disputes by facilitating communication between parties
- Work across multiple online portals and can dexterously move between operating systems
Here's what we're looking for:
- Pristine written & verbal communication skills - this job does require both phone and email communication across all teams
- Basic accounting skills is a plus! You love math
- A quick learner ready to grasp our systems, processes & procedures
- Ability to problem solve and work on several projects simultaneously while continuing to provide quality work
- Experience with Excel, Stripe and Salesforce.com (CRM) strongly preferred
- Forward thinker with the capacity to be creative in developing new ideas and implement proven methods for the team
- Able to work quickly and efficiently while still being thorough
Shift: This position is Monday – Friday from 8 am – 5 pm MST
- The base pay for this role is $20 / hour.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program